Reason to aviod cryptocurrency
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Reason to aviod cryptocurrency within the Economic, Precious Metals, Investing, Finance forums, part of the General Discussion category; "$190 million gone forever? Crypto boss dies with passwords needed to unlock customer accounts" I hope mo one here had anything tied up in them. ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Reason to aviod cryptocurrency

"$190 million gone forever? Crypto boss dies with passwords needed to unlock customer accounts"

I hope mo one here had anything tied up in them.

"Customers of a Canadian cryptocurrency exchange are reportedly unable to access $190 million of funds after the company’s founder died with the passwords needed to access the money."
    MisterMills357 likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The best reason to avoid crypto is--- it aint real!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    "$190 million gone forever? Crypto boss dies with passwords needed to unlock customer accounts"

I hope mo one here had anything tied up in them.

"Customers of a Canadian cryptocurrency exchange are reportedly unable to access $190 million of funds after the company’s founder died with the passwords needed to access the money."
    Come on … surely there were more layers of security outside of the founder? Or, maybe someone(s) ain't talking?
    MisterMills357 likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Tango2X View Post
    The best reason to avoid crypto is--- it aint real!
    Yes.
    And not backed by anything.
    stevekozak and MisterMills357 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Crypto currency is way worse than the debt notes we now call money. A return to the gold standard would be great.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I see some new regulations . Like all pass words must be on file with government . Just in case .
    MisterMills357 and AquaHull like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Trust me, I'm from the government and I'm here to help you. Why such fools bought into such a scam?
    MisterMills357 and AquaHull like this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Yes.
    And not backed by anything.
    Kind of like the US dollar. Oh wait they can just print more US dollars as needed.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Kind of like the US dollar. Oh wait they can just print more US dollars as needed.
    But the US dollar in my pocket can be spent anywhere in the US.
    To buy gasoline, guns, ammo, illegal drugs, prostitutes, Subway sandwiches, just about anything. Try that with bitcoin. "Hey, man, I'll give you this here bitcoin for a pound of weed." Yeah, right!

The US dollar is backed by the government. Bitcoin is only "worth" something if someone says it is.
    Inor, MisterMills357 and AquaHull like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Cryptocurrency is the dumbest idea EVER!

But the technology behind it, blockchain, is one of the best ideas in all of human history. Blockchain, once it is mathematically proven to be secure, and it will be, will allow us to maintain the history of any piece of property tracked. Imagine going to buy a used car and being able to track every previous owner or even every time the car was serviced by a professional. Or buying a piece of land and not have to pay for a title search or title insurance to know the land is not in tax default. This is a hugely important technology that will put a lot of bureaucrats and other paper-pushers out of a job. If it is done right, it will eventually allow us to buy houses and not even have to pay any closing fees or having to sign mountains of paperwork.
    Slippy, A Watchman, Annie and 2 others like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links