Passive Income Ideas For Rural Preppers - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Passive Income Ideas For Rural Preppers

This is a discussion on Passive Income Ideas For Rural Preppers within the Economic, Precious Metals, Investing, Finance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Jacky Have you looked into beekeeping? Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk Yep, You can make some money with honeybees but there ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Passive Income Ideas For Rural Preppers

Quote Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
    Have you looked into beekeeping?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
    Yep, You can make some money with honeybees but there are only so many hives you can keep on a property. Now if you can put 20-40 hives here and another bunch of hives 3 miles away ect you can really make some honey. We keep 10 hives but I'm considering putting some at other locations.

I don't know about Kansas, but around here there are orchards and berry farms where farmers plant and care for trees and plants, and people pay them to come harvest the produce.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Marketing and advertising programs can be a significant source of residual income as most will allow you to have a limited investment in terms of time and capital but as long as your customers continue to share your links or pages you will continue to earn from the comfort of your home, I'm sure everyone here is familiar with craigslist spam, believe it or not all of that is extremely easy to start and 1 paying person is more than enough to bankroll the project for months.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I will stay with what i know, gunsmithing, now retired it affords a good cash flow, and takes up some dead time.

Also, I don't want anybody on any of my land either, for any reason.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 01-26-2020 at 06:25 AM.

If you raise crops like corn soybean , Wheat ect you have to harvest a lot to make anything. Several ways 1 is just rent the land you have no involvement. You have a set price regardless of how crops go. Doing it on half's , you provide the land at a stated value then all cost are shared. The crops income is split . Can work out well if you choose to be involved. Down side is no predicable income. You have to be involved..
    Small plots of land can make good money on produce in the right area. Downside a lot of labor and time is needed. To mitigate weather changes you must invest to compensate when nature does not get it prefect.
    Anyway you try to earn income from land has Tax issues. In many cases what you can and can not write off and or recover is based on how much you are at risk.
    Placing land in some Set aside programs can be a good deal for some. Down side is they are generally longer term and require some public access be granted. Works best for land that may not be the best for farming but falls with in the requirements of the program.
    Big downside Government in you business 100%.
    Another downside to cash rent is if the renter goes broke. Often contract calls for to payments to help protect from that. Often you may be much better off with a person that is know to be and can prove they are stable at a lower price than someone offering more that may stop paying. If you find a good renter long term agreements work best for both 5 years or so. It allows the renter to invest in the treatment of the land looking at longer term returns. Examples are crop rotation, weed and pest management along with fertilizer programs.
    In some places should a renter fail to pay his bills you could be held liable for payment. Make sure that is cover correctly in any contract. Not just saying you are not liable but covering it the way your state law requires.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

My wife and I are trying our hand at owning rental houses. We'll see if it pays off.

Raise the limits.
    Smitty901 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Limit Killer View Post
    My wife and I are trying our hand at owning rental houses. We'll see if it pays off.

Raise the limits.
    Good luck and best have a really good lawyer ready at all times.
    SOCOM42 likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Yeah, a real good one.

Owned a few units in the 70's, what is called a three decker.

Wife (first) worked for a lawyer, he did any of ours Pro Bono.

You cannot believe what assholes some people can be or the stupid things they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    If you have the land let some person store their RV on your property.
    I would also champion this idea. I had just a tiny garage when I was in college, and I was lucky to find that for my motorcycle. A mentor told me about a good, locked, safe place for "summer toys," so I took my bike there. Yikes, the place was as big as airplane hangar and every truck, camper and motorcycle was there, at monthly fees!

Imagine if we had that and charged modern prices? Oy, vey...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    My wife has been working in real estate for quite awhile now. Half the people she knows are realty specific lawyers.

I'd rather try something, fail and have to start over than worry about what if's and sit on the sidelines wondering what could have been.

Raise the limits.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links