Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Social Security/Medicare Insolvent in a matter of years?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Smitty901 
#1 ·
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyp...y-will-be-insolvent-in-16-years/#f8a855b6120a

Haven't seen a thread on this. This news affects some members here quiet a bit more than others Pretty big dang travesty if you ask me. We're getting to the point now where the RETIREES in the system have paid their entire working life and are looking at some serious reductions in benefits. For those of us that still have a while to go its look like substantial reduction in benefits along with the finish line being moved considerably back. Not to mention the probable need to increase the tax to keep the system afloat. Bottom line, if your under 40, its time to get serious about investing because Social Security is no longer a guarentee.

#3 ·
Yet, welfare to a number of nations is not cut, and neither is the welfare that is handed out to generational welfare recipients. Don't even get me started on moronic agencies that are unconstitutional as well as being worthless money pits.

I'll be working until I die, anyway.

#4 ·
#8 ·
There is no other fund but the "general fund".
Roosevelt had to defend this in court, clearly outlining that all monies collected were not being put aside in any manner, as that would be unconstitutional, and were instead simply adding to the general fund.
It was, and is still, just another tax to be spent as they wish. The fact that they maintain a ledger of "your" contributions is just theater to perpetuate the facade.

#7 · (Edited)
It has been insolvent for decades now, and it is one more fallacy that is being perpetrated on America. I think that the nation itself is insolvent, and the dollar will crash, and go out of existence. But, that's just me. The dishonesty, obfuscation and outright fraud, that I have seen in American politicians, tells me that there ain't no pot o'gold. It was stolen 50 years ago, and spent.

#9 ·
Look at the hundreds of millions of dollars sent to South and Central America to help the economies of the nations that are sending their people the U.S. Those nations should be cut off from the gravy train. As a matter of fact, all aid should be cut. We give money to governments that are not with us. Even those government that are with us should be cut. The hell are we doing, giving away money when We the People are going to denied?

#10 ·
...all aid should be cut. We give money to governments that are not with us. Even those government that are with us should be cut. The hell are we doing, giving away money when We the People are going to denied?
The more corrupt and "not with us" governments are, the bigger the cash envelopes that are being passed to the Senators, both red and blue. We are so corrupted, easily on a par with post-republic Rome.

One of my pet peeves is that no reporter has ever asked how The Clintons, despite working their entire lives in public service, managed to accumulate a net worth of $220 million dollars. But I already know how.

#11 ·
Retirement age will be raised again. Those that saved and invested will be denied SS and or medicare coverage. Those can get Medicare will be forced to pay a lot more for required supplemental coverage as Medicare will lower what they cover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.