Trying to ward off thieves - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trying to ward off thieves

This is a discussion on Trying to ward off thieves within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Marica Dang. I read this whole thread thinking there might have been some sort up update. Me too. Damn you sammy...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Trying to ward off thieves

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    Dang. I read this whole thread thinking there might have been some sort up update.
    Me too. Damn you sammy
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

We had some issues with a few crooked individuals when my uncle Walt was sick with cancer real bad, we'd put sheets of plywood inside and outside of windows with nails through them, paint them black. We boarded that little house up tight, we pushed a boulder into his driveway and dropped some trees into the driveway after we let the utilities lapse. Between my old man, uncle and myself we made that into a very dangerous place, I made a hole in the porch built a cradle and used foot long pieces of cut rebar to make punji sticks. After the first time that welcome mat got soaked in blood we never had an issue.

Uncle Walt said " if you don't bleed while you're getting taught a good lesson, you don't remember it ". You can create enemies, or you can create lasting impressions. Your call entirely though, me personally, I'll go home and sleep like a baby having the knowledge I maimed some low life who TRIED to get into a cancer patient's house. Maybe it's just because I'm being more exposed to the world in general and I'm actually getting to see people for who they are, or maybe I'm cynical. But there's too many people willing to rob to financially better themselves rather than actually working for it. I figure anymore if my name is on something, I'll do whatever it takes to protect it, whether it's my wife, my house, my truck even my dogs, if somebody is permanently messed up because of it, doesn't bother me in the least.

Or if you have the property to do so, buy/rent a connex and move everything out. If that's not an option, good neighbors or my route.
    bigwheel, Slippy and Denton like this.
    A man never truly knows how good he is with a gun until that gun is his last resort to live.

“Everything's fine today… that is our illusion.” – Voltaire

One cannot appreciate the light until you have seen the darkness

Did a bit of human excrement get spread onto the pungi sticks? That can cause additonal problems according to the Military Channel
    Slippy and Denton like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    Dang. I read this whole thread thinking there might have been some sort up update.
    Well, Marica, perhaps we have to "read between the lines."

The OP says that perhaps looters will enter his sister's residence--sounds like a stand-off to me. If that is the case, no one in their right mind would post all the graphic details in an open forum. If the this thread ends up with jokes and glad handing, I think we can figure out what happened.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Try this...

All joking aside... a dog is always a good deterrent even if the dog is imaginary. My father, 31 years as an LEO, told me that in case you don’t have a dog, just put out a dirty food and water bowl in the back yard with a sign that says beware of dog. Burglers tend to not go after a house where there is a threat of a dog.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trying to ward off thieves-3b0e50d5-8b86-4d27-b789-82664de2409e.jpeg  

"Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Burglers tend to not go after a house where there is a threat of a dog.
    I've also found that the threat of armed bikers makes burglars a tad skeptical of trying to heist any object.

If you are a student of history you'll know about the Appian Way. It was the main thoroughfare for everything going into and out of ancient Rome.

It was also decorated with hundreds of crucifixes of robbers and murders as a warning to "be a good citizen" when in Rome, which sounds like a good urban improvement plan for Chicago...
    bigwheel likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Denton and bigwheel like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Did a bit of human excrement get spread onto the pungi sticks? That can cause additonal problems according to the Military Channel
    I'm thinking I might have to go that route with my two pear trees in my front yard. Two days ago, Wifey went out to pick the pears only to find that someone else had picked them all.
    I don't mind sharing but when someone comes onto my yard steals every damned pear on the two trees...
    bigwheel likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Work on your fishing gear....Bush hooks (Single hanging lines with big ole treble hooks hanging from porch rafters) and trotlines....multiple treble hooks hanging about 5 feet up off a big line up about 2 feet higher...space em 18 inches apart and use big ole fishin line in 40 or 60 foot runs across yards....forget the 20 pound crap!...just make sure you put up signs "Do not enter cause I'm working on my fishin gear" ! First thing they feel is what they think is spider web and most people go to flailing arms and going nuts!
    Denton, MountainGirl and Grinch2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I'm thinking I might have to go that route with my two pear trees in my front yard. Two days ago, Wifey went out to pick the pears only to find that someone else had picked them all.
    I don't mind sharing but when someone comes onto my yard steals every damned pear on the two trees...
    Would bet a buck its Vietnamese People... they love pears. This one cutie used to come over when we had a pear tree. She brought her son who crawled around on his haunches because of Agent Orange or something. She brought her nephew over to help pick one day..so I handed him the bow saw and axed him to kindly trim it up a bit while he was up the tree. He did a good job. I finally asked her what do yall do with those things..which were hard as a rock cooking pears. She said we slice em thin and eat em raw sprinkled with salt. Who woulda thunk it?
    Denton likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links