Rit Dye Picture Heavy - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Rit Dye Picture Heavy

This is a discussion on Rit Dye Picture Heavy within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose A little off topic, did a net search and read posts here. Is there a way to dye blaze orange to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Rit Dye Picture Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    A little off topic, did a net search and read posts here. Is there a way to dye blaze orange to something way more subdued? Net search comes up with regs on orange requirements. I don't hunt anymore but would like to use the hunting clothes without sticking out like a sore thumb. Thanks in advance. Really hate to give up on perfectly good warm clothes. Bleach the orange out?
    I remembered Rit had a color remover but wasn't for sure. I did a quick search

https://www.ritdye.com/techniques/th...color-remover/

https://www.ritdye.com/faq/why-did-c...on-my-garment/

The second link tells you no guarantee depending on the fabric and how it was originally dyed.

I watched one of their videos and it seems to work pretty good.
    1skrewsloose likes this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticFringeInc View Post
    Hey dude how did you get that mottled brownish color on those two pouches to the right in that last pick? Enquiring minds wanna know!

BTW...Great post as I am fixing to do some Raffia Grass to add as garnishment on a Ghillie Suit.
    The two big optic cases on the middle right? Those are the ones I referenced being on the tailend of a dye bath so there wasn't as much dye in the bath. They turned out more of a brownish color instead of OD Green. They looked ok so I just left them.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

My buddy gave me a bunch of uniforms to sell on eBay. He is getting out on a medical. He outright gave me Tshirts and thermal underwear but they are that sand color. I am getting two of the ACU pants from him. Once I get his stuff on eBay I'll post a thread on it if anybody needs uniforms. I scrounged up some more stuff that I already had that needs to be dyed like 2 new camelbacks in desert pattern and some ACU pouches. Once I get everything ready I'll add on to this thread and see how the new batches go.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Best camo I found for my brothers and sisters in Cali....Rit Dye  Picture Heavy-img_2659.jpg
    MaterielGeneral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HochwaldJager View Post
    Best camo I found for my brothers and sisters in Cali....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2659.JPG 
Views:	267 
Size:	405.4 KB 
ID:	64593
    I thought they liked to wear black and cry fascist while they sucker punched people.
    HochwaldJager likes this.

Well, bought the color remover, two due to size of coat. Two liquid black dyes, didn't read the small print, won't work on polyester. Bummer!

Dyeing Polyester with Disperse Dye
    Ended up fudging the zippers to get the inner jacket from the hunting coat which is the main source of heat retention, to fit another not so conspicuous.

A couple pics of AR.308 mags that I dyed. Started with sand colored mags.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rit Dye  Picture Heavy-f40c9211-fa4d-4235-b3fc-2a98d64f990e_1549651684650.jpeg  

Rit Dye  Picture Heavy-1167a502-5b51-4c18-8d74-29caee45a25c_1549651699659.jpeg  

Rit Dye  Picture Heavy-344119dc-8fe3-48f5-9bfc-9f38d70e44fd_1549651709294.jpeg  

Annie likes this.

I have never heard one person say they miss the ACU pattern. That will go down as one of the biggest uniform screw ups in history. Right along side the one the Navy did in the 70's.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links