Getting a Tractor Stuck
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Getting a Tractor Stuck

This is a discussion on Getting a Tractor Stuck within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; A 4WD vehicle is only as good as it's recovery winch. But I never thought that simple advice applied to a 4WD Tractor. Last year ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Getting a Tractor Stuck

Getting a Tractor Stuck

A 4WD vehicle is only as good as it's recovery winch. But I never thought that simple advice applied to a 4WD Tractor. Last year I got a 4WD Tractor and since I'd only operated a number of 2WD Tractors,I felt that this one invincible...not so! :razz:

My Father In Law says "anyone who owns a Tractor and claims they've never been stuck is a liar". True.
    I wish I'd taken pics!

If you have a front bucket and back hoe you can lift the tractor with the bucket and hoe if you dug yourself a hole.

I have only been stuck in driveways, never on a road, snowstorm or state of emergency snow storm be damned.

And so many people want to floor a vehicle that gets stuck. It's all about traction and the small area between slip and grip which is unfortunately the same area near stalling the engine. You'd be surprised what a little shoveling snow can get you out of.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by James m View Post
    If you have a front bucket and back hoe you can lift the tractor with the bucket and hoe if you dug yourself a hole.

I have only been stuck in driveways, never on a road, snowstorm or state of emergency snow storm be damned.
    Front end Loaders and a Backhoe helps, but Southern Red Clay is a Sumbitch.

Was it wet and muddy? I'm not familiar with clay. I suppose it's always just clay huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Front end Loaders and a Backhoe helps, but Southern Red Clay is a Sumbitch.
    Yep, that stuff gets more slippery than owl shit. Never played in any owl shit, but that it the decades old saying in the South. I have played in red clay though, once it gets packed in your tire threads you have the equivalent of racing slicks on your truck/tractor.
    Slippy, darsk20 and Renec like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

I thought this was amazing

Slippy, Smitty901, 8301 and 2 others like this.
    Be a Berean

When the Children were young they though getting stuck was funny. When they got old enough to do the plowing and field work it stopped being funny.
    There is nothing worst than dessert clay when it gets real wet, nothing moves not even tracks.
    Slippy, 8301 and Renec like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Yep, that stuff gets more slippery than owl shit. Never played in any owl shit, but that it the decades old saying in the South. I have played in red clay though, once it gets packed in your tire threads you have the equivalent of racing slicks on your truck/tractor.
    After a gut check of my southern drawl, I stand corrected, the old but true sayin is "slicker n owlshit".
    Slippy likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Owl's throw up "owl pellets" because they can't pass bones and hair of mice and other animals the owl eats through its digestive system, so it will throw up a gray hairball with bones inside called an owl pellet. Yes I had to go through owl pellets.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links