Water well Drillin
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Water well Drillin

This is a discussion on Water well Drillin within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; So I need a new well but the dam well drillers are asking 4k without any kind of assurance of actually hitting it. Back home ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Water well Drillin

Water well Drillin

So I need a new well but the dam well drillers are asking 4k without any kind of assurance of actually hitting it. Back home you only payed for materials lost if they didnt hit it around here they expect full price. SO....interesting concept what do you guys think
    Drill A Well In Your Backyard - COMPLETE Ready-To-Drill Kit!

In my area the well diggers charge per foot. Any idea how deep they have to go?

You can contact someone at a local college in the Geology Department and they may be able to help. Also the USGS (US Geological Survey) usually have a list of many wells that have been drilled in your area.

Other than that, you can look into hiring a Water Witch and I don't say that in jest. In parts of the country, old Indians do that and it works.
    Camel923, paraquack and bigwheel like this.

I will but Ive done some research its just sand and clay you really cant ask for much better, and the aquifer is huge. I tried floating a PVC pipe down and got 60 feet with no betonite so I cant see it being that much harder with something actually doing the hard part for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Sand and Limestone are pretty good too. Good luck.

Many places Law/regulation require a contractor to dug or repair wells. Just a scam built into the rules to allow over charging IMO. Here they charge by the foot. This farm you hit water any where. Second sons place you must go down 400 feet to hit water it gets expensive to put a well in there.
    I have two here both are at 90 feet.
    Sand point wells can be used in many places old way to do it that works. I have heard that a few people have illegal sand point well hidden away. Needed one now or not knowing if you can use one where you are and how to put one in is not a bad idea.
    Medic33 and bigwheel like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Did you get multiple bids? Some contractors are outrageous. Sometimes you can get a discount for cash. Ask up front.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

there are several ways to put in a well
    obviously a hand-dug crock type is out of the question for you
    you can find or make an augur bit the size you need
    and drill down with pipe extensions (lots of work and time consuming)
    you can put a drive point on your pipe and drive it down with a DIY pile driver
    or you can jet it yourself
    you need a large tank of water, prefferably drinkable so youre not contaminating your water source
    a good wtaer pump, like they use for a hottub, 1.5 or 2 inch inlet and output
    a good sized trough so you can recycle the water
    and the pipe youre going to push into the ground

you set your pump to feed from the original tank at first and pump into your drive pipe
    put a T on your casing at the top so the base of the
    T points sideways
    put a gutter from the T to your trough and start your pump
    as the water washes away soil just force your drive pipe down
    when its as far as it will reach, shut off the pump and add another length of drive pipe
    when youre deeper than your casing, remove the T, add more casing and drive it down
    then just keep doing this til youre at the depth you want
    when your original tank runs dry
    put your pump intake into your trough so its reusing the water coming up out of your casing
    basically the same process a well driller uses
    just youre doing it for yourself
    Medic33, Big Country1 and bigwheel like this.

None

I wish it was only $4000 for me. I recently had a local well driller come out. Wells in my area run between 300 and 400' but always produce so getting good water is guaranteed. At $10/foot he wanted $6000 for the complete wired and plumbed job down to 300' deep. Could run more if he goes deeper than 300'.

Bored wells in my area do pretty well at less than 100' deep but occasionally can go dry.

Don't complain. My well and pump cost 12K and had to go down 600 feet. All that was OK, but I did not like that the well had to have a GPS location registered with the state. Why does the state need to know about my well?? So what if I'm paranoid!

because, whether you realize it or not, the state owns the water
    and can at anytime place a meter on your well and charge you
    a friend ran into that here several years ago
    spent thousands on a new well, on his own property
    the minute it was done, the state had the meter installed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links