Water well Drillin - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Water well Drillin

This is a discussion on Water well Drillin within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; They tried to do that on the well we put in on the property in northern WA. I reminded them that the state owns nothing. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Water well Drillin

They tried to do that on the well we put in on the property in northern WA. I reminded them that the state owns nothing. The state simply holds the land and water for the people. We had a few arguments but the end result was that even if they put a meter on the well we would charge them for the use of our well, which would be well more than they could charge us for the water. There is another well just off our property that is run (and was put in by) the state. Some people in the area rely on water from that well but we don't.
    The only mistake we made was to put the well in so the water level was below the level of the home we have there. If we had put the well in near the top of our property we would have been able to use gravity to bring water to the house instead of a solar powered pump. Lesson learned - better late than never.

Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can.
    Samuel Adams

quick update it worked well we went down to 130ft in a couple days the guy even includes an air powered water pump its honestly nothing but a air line and some plumbing you could do on your own. I think you could go as deep as you wanted provided you cased it as you went.

Years ago, . . . a friend of mine's dad worked in maintenance at a factory. They were all the time throwing out short sections of pipe.

He scavenged them, . . . threaded the ends of each.

He brought them home, . . . went down in his basement, . . . bored a hole in the floor, . . . and with a pointed and drilled first piece, . . . he started pounding them by hand down into the ground. I don't know how far he went, . . . but he hit water, . . . good water, . . . and was just tickled all over by it.

He plugged it into his house, . . . used it till he passed on, . . . even made up a bunch and helped his neighbors do the same.

Each one took several months, . . . or at best several weeks, . . . maybe 2 or 4 feet per day was all they would get, . . . but eventually he and his friends were "water" self sufficient.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    kevincali and 8301 like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Yea once I get back I am putting in another well at my house then a couple friends and prolly rent out the setup with "advice" for anyone wanting to do their own.

I would love to see you try to hand drill or hand dig a well in the area where I live. It is granite mountains and valleys of basalt rock - about 5 miles of it in most places.
    What you are talking about is sandy or clay soil but you can't use those techniques when going through rock. This is why it is so expensive to drill wells in this area.

Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can.
    Samuel Adams

hum I wouldnt want to try it but the bit is supposed to be able to go through rock (like inches per hour) you might be able to get a shallow well with it. It is a pneumatic drill, if anything all you do is hold it in place and raise it up and down a few times to keep the water a the bottom from getting to thick and blocking the air flow to the pipe.

Once again research a sand point well. Won't work every where but they have been used in a lot of places for many years. You can put one in without anyone knowing.
    Slippy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

We did and it wasn't deep enough there was supposed to be a shallow reservoir at about 60 ft that's the deepest I think you can go with a hand driven sand point.
    As far as secrecy I dont think anybody really noticed its just powered by a smallish 5hp air compressor that's the only noise it made that you could hear a 100ft away.
    Slippy likes this.

The well drilling in this part of the world takes a rock bit - like the oil well drillers use only smaller. The carbide bits don't last long and are too expensive to use with granite and basalt.

Samuel Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links