Rolling your own.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Rolling your own.

This is a discussion on Rolling your own. within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; Not incest but making your own cigarettes. Should make an excellent barter item in an end of the world scenario..according to what Totonta said when ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Rolling your own.

Rolling your own.

Not incest but making your own cigarettes. Should make an excellent barter item in an end of the world scenario..according to what Totonta said when the USSR collapsed last time. So an old pal who does it himself told me to buy this:
    1. Tops Brand Cigarette rolling machine
    2. 2 Cartons Gabbler brand tubes with filters
    3. 1 lb Red River Smooth Pipe tobacco (better taxes on that found at any smoke shoppe or head shop maybe)

Got all the stuff headed my way from Amazon last night except the tobacco. Which I will fetch tomorrow. The old Codger says they taste like Marlboros. Invested about 70 bucks so far but I bought a big wad of tubes. He say once you get the hang of it a person can turn out a pack each five mins for a price of twenty bucks a carton. The few evil cigarette smokers I still know are paying 70. This aint our first rodeo on this hobby. Hopefully this will work better than the last time we tried it..and make me feel like a real Prepper sorta. lol.https://www.amazon.com/tops-cigarett...arette+machine
    jimb1972, SGG, Joe and 1 others like this.

I decided my tobacco addiction was going to be a liability and quit smoking about 15 years ago, quit snuff a few months ago. Before I quit smoking I was rolling my own to save money, it is much cheaper. I don't stock much for barter because I am not social by nature, and don't want to have to defend my preps if it becomes known I am a guy that has stuff. I originally intended to barter alcohol, but decided I don't want a bunch of addicts knowing I am the guy with their fix. I can see the benefit, but be careful bartering with that stuff.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

The Good Cop

Back in the 1970's rolling tobacco was much cheaper than store bought cigarettes, not so much anymore.
    I used to buy and smoke Bugler tobacco. It was a fraction of the cost of a pack of cigs, and when I did smoke "pre-rolled" they were un-filtered Camels so I was right at home with Bugler.

I had one of those little Tops handrollers, and they work well. A dollar bill works good, too.
    bigwheel, SGG, Denton and 1 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    I decided my tobacco addiction was going to be a liability and quit smoking about 15 years ago, quit snuff a few months ago. Before I quit smoking I was rolling my own to save money, it is much cheaper. I don't stock much for barter because I am not social by nature, and don't want to have to defend my preps if it becomes known I am a guy that has stuff. I originally intended to barter alcohol, but decided I don't want a bunch of addicts knowing I am the guy with their fix. I can see the benefit, but be careful bartering with that stuff.
    Wow small world. I think we talked about the wisdom of stocking half pints of Pebbleford Bourbon and Gilbeys Gin like all the bootleggers sell to the democrats in the dry counties and towns in the Panhandle. Its cheap but drinkable. Should last forever if unopened...but had to give up up on that idea too since I been trying to quit drinking at home because of the gout. Two boys day out with the guys per week dont rile it up too bad. Unfortunately an old chum gave me a big jug of my favoite sour mash whiskey for a gift a week or two back..so I am trying to keep from wasting that right now. I will need two Allopurinals per day for a while.
    jimb1972 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Back in the 1970's rolling tobacco was much cheaper than store bought cigarettes, not so much anymore.
    I used to buy and smoke Bugler tobacco. It was a fraction of the cost of a pack of cigs, and when I did smoke "pre-rolled" they were un-filtered Camels so I was right at home with Bugler.

I had one of those little Tops handrollers, and they work well. A dollar bill works good, too.
    Good point. Can recall some kin in the rolling up hobby back in the 50s when cigarettes were .20 cents a pack. We got into in the 70s with the Laredo Kits with the tobacco in a can. Made generally crappy cigarettes but could be smoked if tight rolls werent available. My Mama and Daddy used theirs faithfully since they was old broke SS recipients..like their son turned out too. lol. .
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Good point. Can recall some kin in the rolling up hobby back in the 50s when cigarettes were .20 cents a pack. We got into in the 70s with the Laredo Kits with the tobacco in a can. Made generally crappy cigarettes but could be smoked if tight rolls werent available. My Mama and Daddy used theirs faithfully since they was old broke SS recipients..like their son turned out too. lol. .
    I used the Laredo kit myself back in the 70's.

Prior to that I had a tin machine with a big rubber band in it, it used regular rolling papers,

put all the stuff in closed it up and reopened to a complete cigarette.

For store bought I would get them from the Ft. Devens commissary, for about $.35 a pack before they closed it up.

I quit smoking anything 32 years ago this coming January.

Today with a pack costing $5.50 average in this state, who can afford it?

Oh, never smoked any ganga.
    Denton, bigwheel and jimb1972 like this.

The Ganja around here is over priced too from what all the Viet Nam Vet guys say. No first hand experiences of course. I heard of a guy who smoked some and said it made him want to rape and kill. Similar to the guy in the reefer madness educational fillm

Probably could use for barter. As Paul S. used to point out(if anyone remembers him) never be the one who has it, its always I can get it from a guy who knows a guy.
    bigwheel, Boss Dog and Deebo like this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    Probably could use for barter. As Paul S. used to point out(if anyone remembers him) never be the one who has it, its always I can get it from a guy who knows a guy.
    May God bless Paul S! Man, we miss him.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    I used the Laredo kit myself back in the 70's.

Prior to that I had a tin machine with a big rubber band in it, it used regular rolling papers,

put all the stuff in closed it up and reopened to a complete cigarette.

For store bought I would get them from the Ft. Devens commissary, for about $.35 a pack before they closed it up.

I quit smoking anything 32 years ago this coming January.

Today with a pack costing $5.50 average in this state, who can afford it?

Oh, never smoked any ganga.
    I had one of those! I believe it was french made. A buddy borrowed it once to roll one of those left handed cigarettes, but he said it used way too much weed. It looked like this https://www.amazon.com/Daycount%C2%A...998994&sr=8-74
    bigwheel likes this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links