Rolling your own. - Page 3

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Rolling your own.

This is a discussion on Rolling your own. within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by SOCOM42 My father smoked Camels all his life, finally quit them when they killed him. He use to bum cigarettes and booze ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Rolling your own.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    My father smoked Camels all his life, finally quit them when they killed him.

He use to bum cigarettes and booze from me, I quit and then he only bummed the booze, which I did not drink anyways.
    My Dad smoked Lucky Strike and drink all his life. He gave up smoking when he was in his fifties, drinking and chasing women when he was 60. He commented the other day at Thanksgiving that since he gave up drinking, smoking, and chasing women, he is not sure why he is still alive at 83. He says he don't have any fun stuff to do anymore.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    My Dad smoked Lucky Strike and drink all his life. He gave up smoking when he was in his fifties, drinking and chasing women when he was 60. He commented the other day at Thanksgiving that since he gave up drinking, smoking, and chasing women, he is not sure why he is still alive at 83. He says he don't have any fun stuff to do anymore.
    Yeah, he is lucky and don't know it.

My father died at 71, was still smoking on his death bed, just like his father did Christmas eve 1951.

Never got to see his granddaughter, or even knew she was on the way, sad, he wanted grand kids in the worse way too.

A good friend of 40+ years was dying from lung cancer, had a O2 cannalure under his nose all the time,

turned off the O2 to have a smoke about every half hour.

One day he turned it off to have a smoke and it never went back on, he left us then.

Stubborn guy, survived several chicom mass attacks in Korea under Gen. Ridgway, armed with a M1 rifle, then took over a 50 HBM2

when the gunner and assistant were killed, Silver Star for that action and a couple of purple hearts to boot for that and other actions.

That one action, his rifle company was holding the forward slope of a hill, well dug in, from dusk till dawn waves of chinks kept up the assault.

hoping to deplete the units ammo, wrong! They knew the attack was coming and had enough ammo for a brigade in the bunkers.

The 105 howitzers kept the battle illuminated and filled with HE at the base of the hill all night.

The chinks had trouble climbing over piles of their dead comrades, but made good targets on top of the piles.

After the battle there were just 11 men left alive, all were wounded.

In civilian life, he was direct assistant to Eugene Rising at H&R, until Gene's death in 1968.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 11-30-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Prepared One and bigwheel like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I think My man Inor used to smoke the tubes, I may be mistaken.
    I quit smoking cigs in Feb..And was dreading vacation, this DEC 26 thinking "you know camping and drinking your gonna WANNA SMOKE"..
    Nope, mom is the hospital right now, "not able to breath", she also stopped in Feb, and is the reason I quit...
    It sucks seeing someone "breathing, but not breathing" and being FUQING HELPLESS..
    My dear wife has dropped down to about 4 or 5 a day, so I will not ask her to quit.
    bigwheel likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    I also went to rolling my own just before quitting. I looked at a carton yesterday at the commissary.. $75 bucks a carton!!!!!

had a roller like this

Attachment 101619

toss the tobacco in the freezer

only caution I would say is people that smoke get hardup for a smoke.. do you want them coming back to you
    Same as the one I am getting tomorrow. It got some good reviews. Thanks for the freezer tip. I got to vaping a bit of pipe tobacco a few years back and it lasted a long time in a glass jar in the ice box. Speaking of Vaping for whoever was promoting the practice earlier in the thread can only say it is wildly popular with the younger folks with bad habits. A bunch of the old geezers started huffing the illegal THC laden models..but they are all running scared over the latest health issues and moving back to green medicinal herbs. Looks like anybody would know sucking propylene glycol and vitamin E oil combustion fumes aint good for lungs. lol. If somebody wants to Vape..this thing is hard to beat. Made by peace loving hippies out in Sunny CA with a lifetime guarantee. No chemicals allowed. Highly stealthy enough to hit in in the church bathroom. It would make a nice stocking stuffer for any hard to shop for folks on the Christmas List.
    https://www.magic-flight.com/

man, I wish I could safely take a toke right now..But the SAFETY MAN can get fired if he fails a UA..
    DAMNIT.
    bigwheel and jimb1972 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post

man, I wish I could safely take a toke right now..But the SAFETY MAN can get fired if he fails a UA..
    DAMNIT.
    Well I didnt know folks used those things for that. I always just vaped good tasting pipe tobacco in mine. Anyway..Santa brought the hardware a day early..so think it will be given a trial run on how to prep home rolled cigarettes for bartering purposes tomorrow. Thanks to all who helped give birth to this scientific experiment.
    Rolling your own.-rolling-supplies.jpg
    SGG likes this.

@bigwheel , shit, I'm not judging anyone. I wish I could smoke RIGHT NOW.
    bigwheel likes this.

I never smoked cigs, I guess it was due to my old man smoking in the car with us kids in the back seat; rainy days with the windows up were the worst.

Supposedly, when he quit smoking Dad put the amount of money he spent on smokes in a jar and if the story is true, he paid cash for a new 1969 Camaro with "cigarette money". He did shit like that.

Saw an ad in The Sporting News back in the early 1970's where Walt Garrison said he'd send me a free can of Skoal if I mailed in the coupon with my address and DAMN, he did! I dipped and chewed from the early 1970's to 1996. Quit cold turkey after some quack-ass doctor said I had some pre-cancerous thing-a-ma-jigs in my mouth. Haven't missed chew or dip.

Cigars were part of my winter weekend ritual for a number of years, enjoyed smoking by the fire pit and experimenting with various wines and whisky's as to what tasted best with various cigars. Never wrote any of the cigars names down so I didn't really learn anything!

One Sunday morning after a Saturday night of smoking cigars with some buddies at the firepit, I began looking for that cat that took a shit in my mouth, couldn't find it so blamed it on the cigars and haven't had one since.

And that is Slippy's Real Life Tobacco Tale...
    Prepared One, bigwheel and SGG like this.

I don't miss smoking at all, it's been so many years I don't have any cravings. I don't miss always having to calculate how many I had and would I have enough ciggs or would I have to stop and by a pack on the way if I was going somewhere. I have on more then one occasion walked in 1 foot of snow or more while freezing my ass off to get a pack of ciggs in the middle of the night. I can't tell you how much money I spent on lost lighters and ashtrays, burns in furniture, car seats, and clothes. If I had all the money I spent as a result of smoking..................
    Slippy, SOCOM42, bigwheel and 2 others like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links