Allergies to almost anything airborne
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Allergies to almost anything airborne within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; How do you prep for someone who is allergic to almost anything airborne? Would it be best to have wood floors so you could sweep ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Allergies to almost anything airborne

How do you prep for someone who is allergic to almost anything airborne? Would it be best to have wood floors so you could sweep but if you have carpet what do you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get them some meds.

Local honey. use it to better build immunities to allergies from local flora. I have terrible allergies in my older age and just have to essentially run water through my snout until it clears up enough to sleep.

I'd think sweeping would be worse than just having dirty floors or a dirt floor.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have terrible allergies, particularly ragweed. Sneezing, snot slinging mess is what it is, not to mention a constant headache. I stay medicated this time of the year and allergy medicine ( Over the counter) is part of my stores. I keep the house as clean as I can and wood floors seem to help. When I am outside I am at it's mercy. It was worse when I was younger, it seems to be more manageable as I have aged, either that or the drugs got better.
    tuffy_chick_13 likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Thank you all for your information I appreciate it. I guess more vacuuming and sweeping is in my future. I will also be getting allergy pills and storing them would masks help maybe couldn’t hurt I suppose.

Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy_chick_13 View Post
    Thank you all for your information I appreciate it. I guess more vacuuming and sweeping is in my future. I will also be getting allergy pills and storing them would masks help maybe couldn’t hurt I suppose.

I have allergies. Big time. I ripped out the carpet and put down that fake flooring. Laminate, is it? Anyway, things got better. While I am home, anyway.
    tuffy_chick_13 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Is there anything else you could stock to help? I’m trying to make a list since the hubby is allergic to lots of stuff like dust and bees and pollen.

Is there anything else you could stock to help? I’m trying to make a list since the hubby is allergic to lots of stuff like dust and bees and pollen.

Make an appointment to see an Allergist (MD). Medical Technology can help with building your immunity or at least provide relief for the symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Make an appointment to see an Allergist (MD). Medical Technology can help with building your immunity or at least provide relief for the symptoms.
    But I want to stock for a disaster and we cannot get to a doctor for relief.

But I want to stock for a disaster and we cannot get to a doctor for relief.

My apologies for not being very specific and clear.

An allergist can actually cure a patient of a particular allergy.

For example, a person may have an allergic reaction to wasp stings (venom). An allergist will systematically inject small and then increasingly stronger amounts of wasp venom into the patient and over time the patient has a good chance of becoming resistant to wasp venom.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links