This Is My Castle - Page 3

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This Is My Castle

This is a discussion on This Is My Castle within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Mad Trapper ........ never been to Texas. You should go there sometime. Visit Paris, London,Moscow, Dublin and Italy....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: This Is My Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    ........ never been to Texas.
    You should go there sometime. Visit Paris, London,Moscow, Dublin and Italy.
    Slippy likes this.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    You should go there sometime. Visit Paris, London,Moscow, Dublin and Italy.
    And you should visit Lexington, Concord, Bennington and Ticonderoga.

I've got Texas friends. Never had the $$$ or time to visit most of USA.

The Texas folk called me a Yankee, I called them Texicans. We got along fine.
    Last edited by Mad Trapper; 07-09-2019 at 07:21 PM.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Good sir...
    I don't mean to call your story into question, and I am relieved that you and yours survived this ordeal, but... there is a glaring question that MUST be asked.

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE?

What on earth would compel two people to arm up, armor up, gear up, and storm your location with all the tools and equipment necessary to rob Fort Knox?
    Per your description, these people had two plate carriers, assumed with armor ($300-500 apiece), two ballistic face masks ($300-500 apiece), a plasma cutter ($700-1000), an AR-10 ($500-1000), and a shotgun. They paid no mind to trying to bash the door in, they just started shooting. Zero concern given to the noise they would cause, fully understanding that police response was virtually non-existent, and ready to take return fire from their victim.

So again... What the hell do you have?

Did they mistake your place for something else? Could that be why they left?
    Did they appear to have foreknowledge of what it would take to get in and get what they wanted?
    Was any other home in the area hit recently?
    Will your improvements only solidify their expectation that you are protecting something worth more than their lives?

Your story sounds like a nightmare scenario from a movie. I struggle to understand what would make people invest this much time, effort, money, and risk into breaking into a random stranger's home.
    I mean, if you are literally just a man and woman with nothing special, and you get THIS kind of attention, what on earth should the rest of us expect? Are criminals becoming this bad? This is a whole different level.

I'm thankful you are both ok. Damn fine work by your wife to have the right mindset to deal with this on her own. Maybe her actions alone made them rethink their plans. They could have assumed an easier target with just a woman in the home. Good thing mama bear was ready.
    Nothing that stands out, they would need a tractor trailer for the guns and ammo if not a bit more, I'm thinking they may have been after her for what reason I do not wish to even speculate in my own mind. My garage with a few vehicles had a bay door open, access to tools was there, yet no attention was paid to it. I don't think they envisioned taking monetary possessions.
    A man never truly knows how good he is with a gun until that gun is his last resort to live.

“Everything's fine today… that is our illusion.” – Voltaire

One cannot appreciate the light until you have seen the darkness

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Yavanna View Post
    Someone already asked, but, What do you have in that house? Who knows what is in there? And Who did you pissed off that much.
    It sounds way over what an average burglar would do to rob a house...
    It looks like you have quite some security set up in there, it does call attention. It makes one wonder whats so valuable inside your house (~ not meaning you family, as robbers are always thinking about profits).
    Did you have visitors lately? Sellers coming to your door? Are your friend really trustworthy? Did you piss someone off in a big way?
    We all have our enemies, a few close friends are really the only ones who know the majority of what we have who I would trust with my life and who could have easily came in knocked my wife unconscious and took everything they wanted and more. And where I'm located no stray visitors or wandering door to door salesmen.
    A man never truly knows how good he is with a gun until that gun is his last resort to live.

“Everything's fine today… that is our illusion.” – Voltaire

One cannot appreciate the light until you have seen the darkness

...........The Texas folk called me a Yankee, .......
    Go anywhere in the world and ask a local what a Yankee is, and they'll say someone from North America.
    Go anywhere in North America and ask a local what a Yankee is, and they'll say someone from the US.
    Go anywhere in the US and ask a local what a Yankee is, and they'll say someone from north of the Mason-Dixon line.
    Go anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon line and ask a local what a Yankee is, and they'll say someone from the northeast.
    Go anywhere in the northeast and ask a local what a Yankee is, and they'll say someone from Vermont.
    Go anywhere in Vermont and ask a local what a Yankee is, and they'll say it's someone who puts a slice of cheese on their apple pie.
    Last edited by Back Pack Hack; 07-09-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    KUSA and Slippy like this.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinch2 View Post
    I'm thinking they may have been after her for what reason I do not wish to even speculate in my own mind.
    If that’s the case, you are screwed. It doesn’t matter how fortified your house is because you will come out of it. Once out in the open, you are easily picked off by a hidden sniper. Most any chump could take you out at 2 or 300 yards with a cheap bolt action hunting rifle with a cheap scope.

You may want to invest in multiple automated drones with infrared detectors. Have them do a perimeter sweep before you exit the dwelling. You need an armored vehicle also.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    If that’s the case, you are screwed. It doesn’t matter how fortified your house is because you will come out of it. Once out in the open, you are easily picked off by a hidden sniper. Most any chump could take you out at 2 or 300 yards with a cheap bolt action hunting rifle with a cheap scope.

You may want to invest in multiple automated drones with infrared detectors. Have them do a perimeter sweep before you exit the dwelling. You need an armored vehicle also.
    A couple good dogs is better.
    Grinch2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Go anywhere in the world and ask a local what a Yankee is, and they'll say someone from North America.
    Go anywhere in North America and ask a local what a Yankee is, and they'll say someone from the US.
    Go anywhere in the US and ask a local what a Yankee is, and they'll say someone from north of the Mason-Dixon line.
    Go anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon line and ask a local what a Yankee is, and they'll say someone from the northeast.
    Go anywhere in the northeast and ask a local what a Yankee is, and they'll say someone from Vermont.
    Go anywhere in Vermont and ask a local what a Yankee is, and they'll say it's someone who puts a slice of cheese on their apple pie.
    Cheese on my apple pie? WTF!!!! Vanilla ice cream!

Cheese is for eggs/omelets, pasta, burgers, ham and cheese..........

Vermonsters make a lot of cheese, cream, milk, ice cream.....and the best maple syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post

Most chumps can't hit a deer at 2-300yds with a good rifle/scope. Practice makes perfect.

Cheese on my apple pie? WTF!!!! Vanilla ice cream!..........
    That's a Midwest thing. You stole it from them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links