This Is My Castle - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This Is My Castle

This is a discussion on This Is My Castle within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Slippy A friend of mine lives on an 1800 acre ranch in Texas. His driveway is about 3 miles from gate to ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: This Is My Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    A friend of mine lives on an 1800 acre ranch in Texas. His driveway is about 3 miles from gate to house. The first time I was invited to visit he and his wife picked us up at the airport and drive the couple of hours to his ranch. After unlocking the gate and driving the 3 miles to his house we get out and he walks right up to his door and opens it up, didn't use a key.

"C.L"., I said, you keep your doors unlocked all the way out here in the middle of nowhere? His wife laughed and said that they have no idea where the keys even are and if the locks would work if they found them! They live in a beautiful old family farm house thats been on the land for a long time.

He is likeminded (like most of us! ) and went on to say that if he or his wife are home, tough shit for the thieves. But if they are not home then he'd rather not have the thieves bust the doors or break the windows just to steal some stuff. He said all his "good stuff" is in safes that a common thief probably wouldn't find. Made sense.

Later on as we ate some steaks and watched the sunset over the Colorado River, I realized that most likely, no one in their right mind was going to come way out here to steal something and risk death when there was way too many easy targets between here and the city...

Just a thought that came to mind...
    Slippy, did you guys get into the bourbon, before watching the sun set , over the Colorado river, in Texas?

Concerning LEO apathy to crime. I had some dirtbag try to steal my chainsaws. Locked to a tie beam with a logging chain in my barn. They tried cutting the chain with one of my hacksaws. Instead they cut themselves up real well.

There was lots of blood and many bloody fingerprints, cops would not even take a look. They didn't get any saws.
    Grinch2 and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    A friend of mine lives on an 1800 acre ranch in Texas.
    Slip, I have a question for you. If your friend has an 1800 acre ranch, why are we out in the world chasing nickels and dimes? I mean, for a few bucks and all that fresh air, you and I should be doing bodyguard work for this man! Yikes, right now we're packing guns for no pay, at all. Consider the facts of the situation! We wouldn't have to buy new clothes or even another wide belt for holsters. We could show up as we normally dress to walk through a mall!

...oh, don't worry about knives, Slip, you name it, I have it...
    Slippy likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    Slippy, did you guys get into the bourbon, before watching the sun set , over the Colorado river, in Texas?
    Colorado River (Texas)

The Colorado River is an 862-mile long river in the U.S. state of Texas. It is the 18th longest river in the United States and the longest river with both its source and its mouth within Texas.
    Slippy likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Colorado river never comes within hundreds of miles of Texas, it runs through: Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, and Mexiforina, before Mexico

Edit: Sorry Kauboy and Slippy, my geography in high school, only said there was ONE Colorado river.

Why is there a Colorado river , named so in Texas? Red river from Spanish?
    Last edited by Mad Trapper; 07-09-2019 at 04:50 PM.

The Colorado River is the principal river of the southwestern United States and northwest Mexico.

Colorado River may also refer to:

Colorado River (Argentina)
    Río Colorado, Río Negro, a village in Argentina
    Colorado River (Potosi), Bolivia
    Colorado River (Rondônia), Brazil
    Colorado River (Aconcagua), Chile
    Colorado River (Costa Rica)
    Colorado River (Tempisque River), Costa Rica
    Colorado River (Texas), United States

I personally like the Rio Negro one...I'm guessing they mean the African American Rio....but theys all racists down there...damn Spics
    Slippy likes this.

.....Why is there a Colorado river , named so in Texas? Red river from Spanish?
    There's a Colorado River in Texas because it's name is 'Colorado River', and......... it's in Texas.

This Is My Castle-colo-tex.jpg

There's no law that says once a river's name is used, it cannot be used anywhere else.
    Slippy likes this.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

I would move to a better neighborhood.

Someone already asked, but, What do you have in that house? Who knows what is in there? And Who did you pissed off that much.
    It sounds way over what an average burglar would do to rob a house...
    It looks like you have quite some security set up in there, it does call attention. It makes one wonder whats so valuable inside your house (~ not meaning you family, as robbers are always thinking about profits).
    Did you have visitors lately? Sellers coming to your door? Are your friend really trustworthy? Did you piss someone off in a big way?
    Kauboy and KUSA like this.

Colorado river never comes within hundreds of miles of Texas, it runs through: Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, and Mexiforina, before Mexico

Edit: Sorry Kauboy and Slippy, my geography in high school, only said there was ONE Colorado river.

Why is there a Colorado river , named so in Texas? Red river from Spanish?
    No problem, we should all learn at least one new thing every day.
    Indeed, the name of the river, like the name of the state, is of Spanish/Latin origin. Literally translated "colored".
    Remember, Mexico used to own a large swath of the American southwest, part of the area of the state of Colorado, as well as many of the rivers by the same name, included.
    Nearly all of the major rivers in Texas are of Spanish naming. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ajor_waterways
    Slippy likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    There's a Colorado River in Texas because it's name is 'Colorado River', and......... it's in Texas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colo Tex.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	307.0 KB 
ID:	99065

There's no law that says once a river's name is used, it cannot be used anywhere else.
    O.K. I can draw a map of USA, trace out all the states, and MOST major rivers/mountains. On my own. The great lakes, Alaska and the Hawaii islands.

Does Texas have a Penobscot, Hudson, or Mohawk river too?

Thanks for educating me, never been to Texas.
    Slippy likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links