How to make a Wood burning stove for under $1!! Emergency Hack
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on How to make a Wood burning stove for under $1!! Emergency Hack within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; What do you think, pretty kool? If hubs doesn't buy me that wood stove he's been promising, this is "Plan B" and I'm gonna get ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: How to make a Wood burning stove for under $1!! Emergency Hack

Super Moderator

What do you think, pretty kool? If hubs doesn't buy me that wood stove he's been promising, this is "Plan B" and I'm gonna get my brother to build it for me. He's pretty handy.

Hack a electric stove into a wood burning stove could it get any cheaper! DIY hack for emergencys survival situation! Turn a broken oven into a wood stove in about an hour with minimal tooling and the only extra was a piece of 150mm enamelled pipe that was lying around.

fieldagent59 is in the forest
    3 months ago
    I think we should send this guy to be the in house dentist at the Guantanamo Bay Facility.......
    Haha!
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Sweet emergency hack!
    Annie likes this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

the pieces to that electric stove are more valuable than making a wood stove out of it.

I do like the idea because it would suit well in an emergency if you needed fire in the rain quickly.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    the pieces to that electric stove are more valuable than making a wood stove out of it.
    Really? Even a broken stove?

I
    do like the idea because it would suit well in an emergency if you needed fire in the rain quickly.
    Yeah, and it seems like it'd be an excellent thing to have if you're outdoors in the winter. That thing looks like it gives off a ton of heat.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    What do you think, pretty kool? If hubs doesn't buy me that wood stove he's been promising, this is "Plan B" and I'm gonna get my brother to build it for me. He's pretty handy.

Hack a electric stove into a wood burning stove could it get any cheaper! DIY hack for emergencys survival situation! Turn a broken oven into a wood stove in about an hour with minimal tooling and the only extra was a piece of 150mm enamelled pipe that was lying around.

Haha!
    I would not let that guy use my bathroom.

Yes, the guy is a little rough but it's innovative guys like him that will do well is the grid goes down.
    I've spent many an hour with innovative guys like him in their trashed out shops but what they build usually works well.

Thanks @Annie
    Annie likes this.

You may not like the looks of this guy but this is the kinds of people I grew up around....And when SHTF they won't even recognize its here, They been in SHTF all their lives. Smells like Appalachia!
    Annie, Slippy and traceym0 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Yes, the guy is a little rough but it's innovative guys like him that will do well is the grid goes down.
    I've spent many an hour with innovative guys like him in their trashed out shops but what they build usually works well.

Thanks @Annie
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT E View Post
    You may not like the looks of this guy but this is the kinds of people I grew up around....And when SHTF they won't even recognize its here, They been in SHTF all their lives. Smells like Appalachia!
    Yep, I grew up with a lot of these kinda guys too, most of them in my family. Good to have around when the around is getting bad. My comment about the bathroom was in relation to what he was doing with that water hose. Ain't nobody got time for that!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    Yep, I grew up with a lot of these kinda guys too, most of them in my family. Good to have around when the around is getting bad. My comment about the bathroom was in relation to what he was doing with that water hose. Ain't nobody got time for that!!
    I also grew up with guys like that and now once again living in a rural area still deal with them. Good people who know how to work hard and figure out how to get by with what's available.

Where I grew up we would scrap the junk in the yard and buy what we needed. Take some rocks and make a fire ring.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links