Building a DIY AR-15
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Building a DIY AR-15

This is a discussion on Building a DIY AR-15 within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; The Ar-15 is the favorite weapon among preppers it's easy to use and easy to learn to build or fix and if your any kind ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Building a DIY AR-15

Building a DIY AR-15

The Ar-15 is the favorite weapon among preppers it's easy to use and easy to learn to build or fix and if your any kind of prepper you need to know how to repair your rifle. But if you have never done it building an AR-15 can be really intimidating to say the least. I know was a little hesitant when I built my first one. The first one took about all day this is my second one and it took about 3 hours and I'm sure the next will go a lot faster.
    I bought a build kit from Palmetto Armory for $299 and striped lower for $39. For that kind money your getting an entry level rifle.
    I was surprised how nice the fit and finish was on this kit just plane old nice.
    But the kit came with some upgrades that were really nice. The upper half of the rifle is fully assembled all you need to do put the
    lower together. You will still need to come up with a carry handle or some kind of sight and magazines.

The upgrades that came in the kit were a polished and nickle plated trigger kit that makes the trigger so smooth it feels like pulling your finger through butter. And a full set of magpul furniture Butt Stock, Handrail and grip. That alone has got to be $150 in upgrades.
    And that is about all the upgrades you can justify entry for a rifle like this.
    But make no mistake about it the Palmetto rifle has good quality and can take a beating and serve you well.

You only need a few special tools and it really is easy. watch the video and it really is as easy as it looks
    I posted the prices for a reason. Now is the time to buy prices are low right now I don't think you will ever see prices lower.
    some pic's of my build
    Building a DIY AR-15-ar1.jpgBuilding a DIY AR-15-ar3.jpgBuilding a DIY AR-15-ar2.jpgBuilding a DIY AR-15-ar4.jpg
    Building a DIY AR-15-ar5.jpgBuilding a DIY AR-15-ar6.jpgBuilding a DIY AR-15-ar7.jpg
    Last edited by budgetprepp-n; 11-11-2018 at 05:35 PM.
    dsdmmat likes this.
    Taking your guns is like eating a whale,,,,,,One bite at a time

Building a DIY AR-15-ar8.jpg
    Slippy likes this.
    Taking your guns is like eating a whale,,,,,,One bite at a time

Isn't it difficult to make it go BANG when you've mounted the flashlight inside the trigger guard?
    Smitty901, Slippy and SGT E like this.
    Good morning! As you can see, my assassins have failed again.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Ar15s were meant to be easily disassembled and assembled as it was a battle rifle.. A few parts are a little difficult at first, but some are do it once, and dont ever do it again.
    Going to build another this weekend, and will try to have my daughter do it with me, as it will be hers .. just a suppressed 300BLK SBR.

After you assemble an AR15 or AR10 you may sit back as say that was kind of easy. After the second one you will know it was easy. Assembling your first complete upped may seem scary at first. Do your home work take your time and Have the right tools and you will have no problems. No other weapon platform is more flexible ,easy to work on and has as many options. No one one on this earth.
    Once you master the DI, then learn a bit about the Gas piston ones , and how easy some are to swap back and forth.
    Slippy and AquaHull like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Once you put one together, have an understanding of manufacturing and logistics, the Defense Acquisition Cycle, you can see how cheap it is.

Per the Defense Acquisition Cycle, the candidate that wins the contract, is the candidate that met the most requirements, at the lowest cost.

I have a PSA Freedom Mid AR, It shoots well.Building a DIY AR-15-sam_1099.jpg

Just as good as this one
    Building a DIY AR-15-sam_1014.jpg
    Last edited by AquaHull; 11-12-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Nothing wrong with PSA. Building AR platform firearms is fun. You can stock up on parts here and there on sale and slap them together over time and soon you will have a few of them around the house. I enjoy the build and the tinkering with them at the gun bench.
    AquaHull likes this.

I think I have $700 into the blem Colt with the PRO

All Colt besides Magpul and ARMS sight,and the ACT
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    I think I have $700 into the blem Colt with the PRO

All Colt besides Magpul and ARMS sight,and the ACT
    AimPoint pro is about the best RedDot you can get.
    AquaHull likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links