Installing water softener got some questions
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Installing water softener got some questions within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; So my house is plumbed with wirsbo... like pex.. And to install a water softener myself I have to get a special tool which is ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Elvis

Thread: Installing water softener got some questions

So my house is plumbed with wirsbo... like pex.. And to install a water softener myself I have to get a special tool which is over $100. What Iíd like to do is install it on my copper line. That comes off of my pressure tank. So my well directly feeds my pressure tank then my pressure tank has a copper out feed line that feeds everything to the house my question is this main copper line coming off of my pressure tank is a vertical can I install a water softener on a vertical line or for some reason does it have to be a horizontal T type fitting?

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Sharkbite makes some products that may work for you without buying special tools, I had to install a new water shutoff valve under my sink, it’s pex, cut the old on out, slide on the shark bite , no leaks yet.....

Sharkbite fittings work, but if you have to do very many of them, you're better off buying the tool to crimp the bands on. The sharkbite fittings are pricey and add up quick. By the way, I've never used this particular brand, but it's similar to the one I have and it's only $55 with free shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-in1-Pex-C...-/181978088250

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I've used Sharkbite fittings on copper, PVC, and Pex. Only had a problem once and it was immediately apparent. Expensive but for occasional use I like it.
    paraquack likes this.

I like the Sharkbite fittings, but I also know how to sweat fit copper.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

If they had shark bite fittings for the type that I am using I would definitely go that Avenue. Unfortunately thatís not an option. They donít make shark bite fittings for wiresbow .I found the information I was looking for after many YouTube videos. LOL thanks Iíll send pictures once itís installed

No you need to install them vertically. Sharkbites are vary handy and you can get thin in 90's as well so you can hang your filter system correctly.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Sponsored Links