Improvised shotguns
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Improvised shotguns

This is a discussion on Improvised shotguns within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; Youtube has a few clips of improvised shotguns made of black pipe. It ussually includes an 18" pipe that acts as a barrel, and a ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Improvised shotguns

Banned

Improvised shotguns

Youtube has a few clips of improvised shotguns made of black pipe.

It ussually includes an 18" pipe that acts as a barrel, and a larger pipe that slides over the 18" pipe, that forms the chamer and firing pin. When you slide the two pipes together, the shotgun shell fires.

I really like the idea of having several of these stashed in BOL, BOB, etc but what about the safety aspect of this?

If anyone finds a link to information that showes this sort of weapon exploding can you post the info? If anyone finds a link to someone that has modified the design to make it extremely safe, can you post a link?

I don't have access to a welder or machine shop. Any tips on how I could make this and make it very strong would be apreciated.

1) It is illegal. 2) If I knew how, I would not tell anyone because....IT'S ILLEGAL. 3) I don't want the BATF knocking on my door for posting how to make an ILLEGAL firearm. 4) IT'S ILLEGAL 5) I is incredibly UNSAFE 6) Single shot shotguns made by a licensed firearms manufacturer are pretty cheap, especially used ones in good condition. It would be much smarter to BUY one. 7) IT"S ILLEGAL.
    Denton, Sharkbait, MrsInor and 4 others like this.

I like triggers. I like my shotguns to have triggers. Remington always puts a trigger on their shotguns. I like Remington.
    Rest In Peace, Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerhell View Post

It ussually includes an 18" pipe that acts as a barrel, and a larger pipe that slides over the 18" pipe, that forms the chamer and firing pin. When you slide the two pipes together, the shotgun shell fires.

I really like the idea of having several of these stashed in BOL, BOB, etc but what about the safety aspect of this?

If anyone finds a link to information that showes this sort of weapon exploding can you post the info? If anyone finds a link to someone that has modified the design to make it extremely safe, can you post a link?

I don't have access to a welder or machine shop. Any tips on how I could make this and make it very strong would be apreciated.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. It sounds like the breach pipe that slides over the barrel portion of pipe will be blasted back at you! I wouldn't try it.

Super Moderator

I would suggest you simply purchase a legally made firearm, rather than discussing how to manufacture firearms, here.

I would also highly suggest you become properly permitted to manufacture a firearm before doing so.

You'd do better to purchase even a single shot shotgun that was manufactured to put one together, yourself.
    Jeep, mwhartman and just mike like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

AAAANNNNDDDD........ It's ILLEGAL!
    Denton, MrsInor and just mike like this.

I always bought mine already put together.
    Denton likes this.
    Infidel

Super Moderator

To make this point perfectly clear...

Quote Originally Posted by Notsoyoung View Post
    AAAANNNNDDDD........ It's ILLEGAL!
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerhell View Post

here we go.. again! I remember the last guy who wanted to craft an illegal gun from youtube.....we never did hear from him again after he got several warnings from us! most likely missing a few digits and possibly an eye! Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 305
Size:  3.1 KB
    Denton, Inor and just mike like this.
    BuckB Are you an organ donor? If not put your organs where your mouth is. An easy way to end organ shortages is for everyone to sign up to be a donor. You don't need to murder petty criminals for that purpose. - will2

Banned

I heard it is illegal, so scratch that idea.
    Denton, Box of frogs and just mike like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links