Improvised shotguns - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Improvised shotguns

This is a discussion on Improvised shotguns within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by tinkerhell I heard it is illegal, so scratch that idea. great idea, you might live longer too!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Improvised shotguns

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerhell View Post
    I heard it is illegal, so scratch that idea.
    great idea, you might live longer too!
    Denton and tinkerhell like this.
    BuckB Are you an organ donor? If not put your organs where your mouth is. An easy way to end organ shortages is for everyone to sign up to be a donor. You don't need to murder petty criminals for that purpose. - will2

Quote Originally Posted by Notsoyoung View Post
    1) It is illegal. 2) If I knew how, I would not tell anyone because....IT'S ILLEGAL. 3) I don't want the BATF knocking on my door for posting how to make an ILLEGAL firearm. 4) IT'S ILLEGAL 5) I is incredibly UNSAFE 6) Single shot shotguns made by a licensed firearms manufacturer are pretty cheap, especially used ones in good condition. It would be much smarter to BUY one. 7) IT"S ILLEGAL.
    and 8 - it is illegal
    Denton likes this.

Banned

I have thought of a safe way to make it safe but it still wouldn't be legal...

Instead of shooting a 12 gauge shell, insert a 12 gauge to .22lr adapter cartridge. The adapter cartridge adds an insane amount of metal to the firing chamber, and the .22lr shell wouldn't be a concern as far as opposite and equal reaction. Essentially it would be a zip gun on steroids.

But I would never build that because it would be illegal. And, I hate spending $10 when I can spend $180 for the real thing. Especially if I was going to leave it in a back woods stash, ie the real thing is so much better to find rusted out and or missing

Just saying

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbait View Post
    I always bought mine already put together.
    I had to put part of mine together, but it was worth it.
    I wouldn't want to be part of any organization that would allow me to be a member.

In Memorium
    Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Instead of shooting a 12 gauge shell, insert a 12 gauge to .22lr adapter cartridge. The adapter cartridge adds an insane amount of metal to the firing chamber, and the .22lr shell wouldn't be a concern as far as opposite and equal reaction. Essentially it would be a zip gun on steroids.

But I would never build that because it would be illegal. And, I hate spending $10 when I can spend $180 for the real thing. Especially if I was going to leave it in a back woods stash, ie the real thing is so much better to find rusted out and or missing

Just saying
    Of course you could go to @ pawn shop and find one for LESS than $180... I betcha.
    tinkerhell, Denton and just mike like this.
    I wouldn't want to be part of any organization that would allow me to be a member.

In Memorium

Just saying

And it would be accurate for about 10ft. You might be better off throwing rocks. I think I would rather spend the money on something that I could actually rely on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thepeartree View Post
    Of course you could go to @ pawn shop and find one for LESS than $180... I betcha.
    True.

I wonder if the pawn shop sells black pipe

Super Moderator

Keep it up with this line of discussion. Try me.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Don't look at me. I was suggesting a good source for firearms if your budget is tight...
    Denton likes this.

In Memorium

Banned

What does that mean? Is this topic againsts moderator rules? If so, np, I apologize for even taking it this far.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links