How to train an effective dog (SERIES) - Page 7
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to train an effective dog (SERIES)

This is a discussion on How to train an effective dog (SERIES) within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; Military dogs don't have food aggression issues because they don't eat together. They have their own kennel runs...so no issues feeding at all. My personal ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: How to train an effective dog (SERIES)

Military dogs don't have food aggression issues because they don't eat together. They have their own kennel runs...so no issues feeding at all. My personal dogs eat together every day. My little one can be testy at times, but with just a verbal correction, she changes her tune pretty quick. We also slowly feed them closer and closer. The little one can now eat within about 2 feet of Dade, and she okay. The only time we separate them more is if we're spoiling with steak or other goodies. Dade (my big Mal) has a tendency to look for scraps and will venture too close causing the little one to become aggressive. We anticipate this and keep them spread out a bit and watch them finish their meals. It's an art man...just stay consistent. Consistency is the root of all training.
    Ragnarök likes this.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato

Fate whispers to the warrior, You cannot withstand the storm. The warrior replies, I am the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin04 View Post
    Military dogs don't have food aggression issues because they don't eat together. They have their own kennel runs...so no issues feeding at all. My personal dogs eat together every day. My little one can be testy at times, but with just a verbal correction, she changes her tune pretty quick. We also slowly feed them closer and closer. The little one can now eat within about 2 feet of Dade, and she okay. The only time we separate them more is if we're spoiling with steak or other goodies. Dade (my big Mal) has a tendency to look for scraps and will venture too close causing the little one to become aggressive. We anticipate this and keep them spread out a bit and watch them finish their meals. It's an art man...just stay consistent. Consistency is the root of all training.
    I feed them a cooked steak every now and then. I cut her steak up and feed her slowly. if I don’t she will swallow the whole steak in a couple bites. My older dog is pretty opportunistic as well. If it is unattended he will be there waiting.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Sponsored Links