Ammo Lock Box - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Lock Box

This is a discussion on Ammo Lock Box within the DIY forums, part of the General Discussion category; I've seen them, they work well. Been meaning to do it to a couple of mine, just haven't gotten around to it yet. One will ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ammo Lock Box

I've seen them, they work well. Been meaning to do it to a couple of mine, just haven't gotten around to it yet. One will be bolted to the floor in back of the SUV, there is a retractable tonneau cover that covers the cargo compartment. The vehicle's black, the carpet inside is black, the back windows have dark tint.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Quote Originally Posted by budgetprepp-n View Post
    maybe you should try keeping it out of sight.
    Good advice, but my Bronco at the time had no trunk. Just to add, I worked in East Orange. Not to be racist but 98% black. Kinda place where they have corrugated panels that come down over the store front after dark.

The Good Cop

Some people look for piratical useful ways to use a product.

Some look for a way to say anything negative about it
    Useful ideas are always worth sharing.
    Thanks.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    there's all kinds of keyed steel lock boxes for $20 - the simplest portable fire safe is even doable at $20 ....
    Link? I would like to see these locking fire safe boxes for under $20 I showed you mine now show me yours
    Taking your guns is like eating a whale,,,,,,One bite at a time

Link? I would like to see these locking fire safe boxes for under $20 I showed you mine now show me yours

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SentrySaf...-1200/21783247

and I don't want to see anything of yours ....
    Grinch2 likes this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

It's not a horrible idea, but I think there are better ones, I mean lets face it, if someone wants it bad enough they're gonna take it. We were on a job in Northern Vermont where we thought there were more moose than people. We encircled our fuel truck with drills, a laborer spent an hour chaining everything together, we locked a gate for the driveway. Next day we came in and the fuel truck was gone. They broke the window hot wired it and took off, we found it four days later empty, torched and over a bank...

Personally for moving firearms across state lines I like Bronc boxes, come good tether cable and it will take Joe Bag-O-Donuts a good 15+ minutes to cut it free, not to mention if you throw some weight in there.
    Smitty901 likes this.
    A man never truly knows how good he is with a gun until that gun is his last resort to live.

“Everything's fine today… that is our illusion.” – Voltaire

One cannot appreciate the light until you have seen the darkness

While it looks hard for a thief to open it looks easy to pick up and run away with.

A friend pulled the storage box between his front seats and welded up a lockable box the fit in it's place and bolted down. He then put the original box lid on top so it looks like the original console box between the seats but now it's a serious bolted down lock box.
    @budgetprepp-n You seem like the type of guy who likes to learn new skills so get a welder and build a box. New skill (welding) and a serious way to secure a weapon. Even better may be a hidden lever to unlock the box so no key needed.

I use this for traveling to keep things legal. Different have different laws.
    If you have magazines stored with the gun in some states it classed as loaded.
    And storing the ammo with the magazines is is no no in some states

Whatever, I use two boxes. One for ammo and one for magazines. Firearms go in there own hard case
    A few bucks and a little hassle can save you from spending lots of money (lawyer) and lots and lots of hassle

I don't have a problem kids but if you do this will settle the problem
    I guess it's how you look at it and what you are using it for. And this take a beating

New York, If you fly into New York and have your gun packaged as TSA and the airline requires,, You go to jail
    Last edited by budgetprepp-n; 03-31-2019 at 06:10 PM.
    Taking your guns is like eating a whale,,,,,,One bite at a time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links