It is getting to be that time again
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on It is getting to be that time again within the Crossbows, Compound, Longbow, Slingshots, Airsoft, Slings, Blowguns forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Spring is around the corner and I've set aside some time next weekend to work on my backyard bow range. I'm thinking revamping the backstop ...

Spring is around the corner and I've set aside some time next weekend to work on my backyard bow range. I'm thinking revamping the backstop and taking it up a notch to a whole new level. My range is 50 yards long which is about the limit I shooting a longbow or recurve. I am going to use treated post and a couple of sheets of 4x8 waferboards to assemble the backstop. I have some old tin laying around that I want to see if I can encorporate as an underlayer for the wafer board.

So are you ready for warmer weather and getting in some archery practice?

I only hit it hard in the summer in preparation for hunting season.

I have been shooting every weekend that its been over 50 degrees, I only got about 25 yard length where I can shoot, the neighbor behind me seems to have ESP when I shoot because he seems to always show up outside and give me the evil eye but whatever. Seriously the only time I see him come out is when I am shooting my bow. Of course I am shooting in his houses direction but I always hit the little target I have. Just picked up one of those 2x2 at wally world and works great.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have been thinking real hard about getting a crossbow. Just researching which kinds are best so far, but could be very useful for hunting (it is legal during seasons in my State).

Summer!!!! Still got 4 feet of snow here nice worm 15 out to day haha hoping summer comes fast!!!

Haha same here Canook, was 17 degrees this morning but I got outside and did a full days work. I have never messed with bows as I shoot all I can eat in the fall.

I just recently picked up a gently used PSE I need to get familiar with. It's been close to 30 years since I last "felt the quiver", and I foresee much comedy in the early days of the coutship

I found that stacked newspaper will stop an X-Bow bolt well when placed behind a nylon filled archery target. That is placed to the left side of my pistol berm. A multi purpose backstop indeed.

The 3D season is getting ready to kickoff the end of march and I do enjoy the occasional mini weekend camp trips to scenic areas and the challenge of trailwalk shooting. Practice is in order...but my plywood stop has simply gotten too ragged to keep the arrows out of my neighbors pasture.

I have been shooting a PSE Coyote TD for several years and am on my second set of limbs. The first year I had a limb crack at the nut and PSE replaced both limbs under warranty, so for what it's worth they do stand behind their product. Although I should just get off my duff and order up the supplies and make a bow. Since I got the equipment and knowhow sitting around to do it...Lazy I guess....lol

Sponsored Links