Where to Find free Sling shot ammo?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Where to Find free Sling shot ammo? within the Crossbows, Compound, Longbow, Slingshots, Airsoft, Slings, Blowguns forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; No. Thats a trick question. I know where to get it but , I wanted to share some knowledge with the group that you can ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Jon_A&P_IA
  • 4 Post By Jon_A&P_IA
  • 1 Post By Sasquatch
  • 2 Post By Denton
  • 1 Post By Sasquatch

Thread: Where to Find free Sling shot ammo?

No. Thats a trick question. I know where to get it but , I wanted to share some knowledge with the group that you can acquire slingshot ammo for free , But it requires some research , See I work as an aircraft mechanic. and when we have to send a propeller to the overhaul shop we get the internals back , normally customers just throw the stuff away , so my boss and i keep the 3/8ths of an inch ball bearings as slingshot ammo, so If you do some research in your area you may be able to find some propeller repair facilities that would be willing to give you these old worn ball bearings at no cost. a Standard 3 blade propeller usually has about 100 to 200 ball bearings in it . hopefully this tip helped.
    Denton and Sasquatch like this.

Cool, that would have helped when I was seeing the Colonel's daughter.

Looking at my store bought ammo it looks to be about 3/8" without putting a mic on it. I'd have to open the blister pack for that.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_A&P_IA View Post
    No. Thats a trick question. I know where to get it but , I wanted to share some knowledge with the group that you can acquire slingshot ammo for free , But it requires some research , See I work as an aircraft mechanic. and when we have to send a propeller to the overhaul shop we get the internals back , normally customers just throw the stuff away , so my boss and i keep the 3/8ths of an inch ball bearings as slingshot ammo, so If you do some research in your area you may be able to find some propeller repair facilities that would be willing to give you these old worn ball bearings at no cost. a Standard 3 blade propeller usually has about 100 to 200 ball bearings in it . hopefully this tip helped.
    Brilliant idea. I'm going to start paying attention to red tagged items to see if I can take useful parts from them.
    The only thing I've brought home was ESD bags and desiccants.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Its all about what we can use right? Like i said im here to learn and share knowledge at the same time Im glad I could offer something useful
    Denton, AquaHull, Robie and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator

Great tip. Thanks for the idea. But in a pinch rocks do pretty well.
    Denton likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Great tip. Thanks for the idea. But in a pinch rocks do pretty well.
    Inconsistent aerodynamics make them a bitch.
    Slippy and Sasquatch like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

As a kid we would walk along the train tracks and pick up taconite pellets. That fell out of the train cars for our sling shots. Separate them by size for better accuracy.
    That which doesn't kill me had better start running.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Inconsistent aerodynamics make them a bitch.
    Well here is CA we have perfect rocks. Not like those mangled, misshapened rocks you have in Alabama.
    Denton likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Sponsored Links