Wrist Rocket?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wrist Rocket?

This is a discussion on Wrist Rocket? within the Crossbows, Compound, Longbow, Slingshots, Airsoft, Slings, Blowguns forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; HI there. Wife & son will not be carrying a pistol in their bug-out bags. Is there any value in a well-made slingshot and ball ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Wrist Rocket?

Wrist Rocket?

HI there. Wife & son will not be carrying a pistol in their bug-out bags. Is there any value in a well-made slingshot and ball bearing ammo? Or is it better to use the space / weight for something more practical?

Quote Originally Posted by mrmaine View Post
    HI there. Wife & son will not be carrying a pistol in their bug-out bags. Is there any value in a well-made slingshot and ball bearing ammo? Or is it better to use the space / weight for something more practical?
    Pistols should be carried on your person. OK to have a back up pistol in your bag but what good does your primary pistol do in a bag?

How old is your son? Is your wife trained in the use of firearms?

As far as a wrist rocket, sure they are fun but I'll take a 9mm over a wrist rocket any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
    Renec, inceptor, Sasquatch and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmaine View Post
    Very effective weapon if thats all ya got. I shot one through both sides of a telephone booth with a marble one time..with a guy I knew inside.He was pretty mad but also thankful it didn't pass through his head n root to the exit. Or at least he shoulda been. Its been a while back.
    Last edited by bigwheel; 03-06-2020 at 07:29 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Ok for stealth in taking small game. In A bug out situation speed and constant motion are your friends To get to your location. I would think a wrist rocket would have limited to no utility in such a situation. your going to want to have food rather than waist time procuring it. A modern firearm would be better protection.
    SOCOM42 and UncleMorgan like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Cats apparently qualify as small game in some areas. Thats the only kinda wily critter that comes to mind that could be fairly easy to put on the table with a wrist rocket. Yall apparently smoke a lot of funny stuff around here.
    Slippy, AquaHull and UncleMorgan like this.

I would think of it this way....If they don't have a gun, and they are in a situation where someone with a knife or bat, or bare hands could threaten them....its a better deterrent and distance keeper than strong language and screams.

Anyone carrying anything will be carrying a firearm and or ammo. be it a small hand gun and a box of .22 they will be carrying even if they can't use it.
    UncleMorgan likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Slingshots are fun and will take small game
    BUT-- a lot of practice is required, a lot!
    UncleMorgan likes this.

The Good Cop

A sling shot as a viable weapon?
    Get down your Bible (you do have one at hand, right?).
    Open to 1 Samuel, turn to Chapter 17.

I'll give you a hint, David and Goliath.
    Renec, Bigfoot63, inceptor and 3 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Cats apparently qualify as small game in some areas.....
    !!!!!!!
    Renec and UncleMorgan like this.
    Ready. You?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links