Wrist Rocket? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wrist Rocket?

This is a discussion on Wrist Rocket? within the Crossbows, Compound, Longbow, Slingshots, Airsoft, Slings, Blowguns forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by Old SF Guy I would think of it this way....If they don't have a gun, and they are in a situation where ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Wrist Rocket?

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    I would think of it this way....If they don't have a gun, and they are in a situation where someone with a knife or bat, or bare hands could threaten them....its a better deterrent and distance keeper than strong language and screams.
    And, if you need a distraction, they're good for making a noise way ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>over there.
    Denton, Renec and Bigfoot63 like this.
    Ready. You?

I do have a wrist rocket in one of my many stashes. I was very proficient with it as a teen,hunting pigeons and squirrels and bunnies. It does take a lot of practice,but it's a great tool if you need to take small game. I've seen some interesting modifications and may try to put together a wrist-rocket-bow contraption just to give it a try! Keep in mind,with a valid hunting licence,I can hunt bunnies here in No.AZ with it...so there is my incentive!There are even some states that will allow you to hunt deer with a slingbow.
    MountainGirl likes this.
    “A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”- Robert A. Heinlein

We have one of these.
    Marbles, rocks, always something near.

Name:  ww.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  22.6 KB
    Ready. You?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

a weapon...any weapon...is better than just regrets...

Relocating 1.5 hours west of Albuquerque this fall
    I have a good one that I got from Saunder’s Archery that will make a deadly headshot. Just like with a firearm, shot placement is everything. If silence is a necessity, they are invaluable. They do require a LOT of practice. Yeah, I’ll use a gun whenever possible but you can’t have too many options in weaponry.
    Slippy likes this.

Super Moderator

Have spare tubing as it will rot. Keep it in a plastic bag when not in use to lengthen it’s life.
    Joe, stowlin and Deebo like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I've got one on my Go Bag. Not my primary defence but it may be good for making diversions from a distance.

Godspeed.

Bought two of them last year. Can still be shipped to us here as considered a toy. Also bought a lot of steel ball bearings which amazon has fair pricing on. 1500 3/8th was under $25 and I bought a 100 3/4th inch ones that are too big really. So I drink these stupid little mocha drinks like I once ate candy bars and rinse and keep the glass containers they come in. I’ve filled these with the ball bearings and told Mrs. to throw them at the wall opposite the stairs if ever someone was down stairs you didn’t want coming up. I tried it once for practice. Took a few hours to round them all up and clear the glass.
    Pobilly Duke likes this.

Super Moderator

Wrist rockets can be great for hunting small game but like with anything else you need to be proficient with it. Which means practice, practice, practice.

I understand the son not carrying if he is too young but the wife should be carrying and be proficient.
    Denton and ActionJackson like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmaine View Post
    HI there. Wife & son will not be carrying a pistol in their bug-out bags. Is there any value in a well-made slingshot and ball bearing ammo? Or is it better to use the space / weight for something more practical?
    David killed a giant with an old-fashioned sling. Smacked old Goliath right in the forehead.

I've owned a wrist rocket for many years. I just changed the rubber on it a couple of months ago. I was very accurate with it for a long time. Then I put it away and didn't mess with it for several years. When I was moving, I found it in storage and tried it out. But I have a problem. I'm suffering from what seems like a form of carpel tunnel in my right wrist. So I don't have a problem pulling the projectile back but when I release it, the shock and vibration to my right wrist is very uncomfortable. So I'm keeping it in my BOV as a last resort but have probably gone past my prime (sad to say).
    "The Duty Of A True Patriot Is To Protect His Country From Its Government"
    ~Thomas Paine~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links