Is this worth having? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Is this worth having?

This is a discussion on Is this worth having? within the Crossbows, Compound, Longbow, Slingshots, Airsoft, Slings, Blowguns forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by Annie Sadly, I've learnt it's not legal to carry. Do you think they'd arrest me if I gave me and my girls ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Is this worth having?

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Sadly, I've learnt it's not legal to carry. Do you think they'd arrest me if I gave me and my girls a whistle? Is that legal?
    It's probably not legal. You have to understand that by defending yourself in some states, you are stopping someone from working in his/her chosen profession. That is not right in some states like NJ, NY, IL and CA for example.
    A Watchman likes this.

I keep telling you, Annie, I can polish you up a knife James Keating would be afraid of.

Get a book on anatomy, memorize where all the big arteries are. Big guy grabs you, and you are inches away from spilling lots of blood he needs. If you are petite, you are closer to the femoral artery. It takes two to six minutes to completely drain a hole slashed there. The EMTs can take eight to ten minutes to arrive, so do the math.

And the Barge is big with preppers. You could honestly tell a cop it's a "camping knife."

Banned

The chances of a woman being frisked, if you keep your pistol well concealed, are near zero. So are the chances of the cop locking you up for it, the prosecutor charging, the jury convicting and the judge making you do any time. The odds of you NEEDING that pistol are far higher. Most often, you never have to fire it, and if you then are worried about somebody calling the cops about your having had to point the gun (or even fire if you didn't hit him) consider finding a few good places to scatter the gun's parts into, say 1/4 mile apart. It's your gun, after all. You get to do whatever you want with it, (as long as you're not irresponsible about how/where you leave it). Consider a keltec 380, with Winchester Silvertip jhp ammo. Dont leave it in your purse, car, or around the house. Get a bellyband holster, a flashbang bra rig, etc.

https://www.google.com/search?q=flas...hrome&ie=UTF-8

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Sadly, I've learnt it's not legal to carry. Do you think they'd arrest me if I gave me and my girls a whistle? Is that legal?
    Annie, kill two birds with one stone. Every TOPS knife comes with a whistle. Oddly, the whistle is flat, but boy is it loud.
    Annie likes this.

Super Moderator

I already told you I'd buy one of your cotton pickin' knives already.

Didn't you read your pms? Where do you sell 'em? Ebay?

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay. But I've been polishing Barges for just about everyone on the KimberTalk forum. I have my own company, but I have to know what you like. Folders or fixed. Autos or flippers.

You pick it out, I'll polish it, and find you a whistle.
    Annie and Deebo like this.

@The Tourist , sir, how much do you charge to supply the edge?
    I would be interested.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Also, my knife would be a folder.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    @The Tourist , sir, how much do you charge to supply the edge? I would be interested.
    I don't gouge members, but most knives can be done from 20 to 30 dollars. The money is in kitchen wear.

When I was taking folded steel up to 3.2 million grit, I charged my clients 100 dollars per inch. But I had to use extra stones of finer grit, and use various grade of Alumina and PDP emulsions when 5.4 million grit came out. The knife below is mine, I just pushed it to 5.4 million to see if the metal alloy in that knife could take it.

Click on picture to enlarge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this worth having?-dsc02384.jpg  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links