Wife got me a gift on HER birthday
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Wife got me a gift on HER birthday within the Crossbows, Compound, Longbow, Slingshots, Airsoft, Slings, Blowguns forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Well, On the 12th of this month was my beloved wife's birthday. She wanted to go do some shopping in Spokane, so off we went. ...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 13 Post By TxBorderCop
  • 2 Post By TxBorderCop

Thread: Wife got me a gift on HER birthday

Well,

On the 12th of this month was my beloved wife's birthday. She wanted to go do some shopping in Spokane, so off we went. She needed a new set of Asics running shoes, the boy needed a pair and so did I. We stopped at Big 5 and got three pair of shoes. I was grateful we got out of there for under 200 bucks for three pairs of running shoes. Our 14 year old son is wearing freaking 13's and will soon be in 14's. Sheesh.

Well, we stopped off at a few other places and the Boy asked if we could head over to Couer d'Alene to visit the Cabelas store there. The fact that he wanted to go to a hunting/fishing store was a shock to the two of us, so we agreed.

Stopped at the front of the store, wife gets herself something to drink and I get two bags of the sugar roasted almonds. One for her and I to share, the other for the Boy to inhale in less than 30 seconds. He was finished in 20 seconds. Wife is perusing the store's circular add, while I am gawking at the latest and greatest Cammies from Under Armour. While I would love to get some, 200 bucks for a damn pair of pants is ridiculous. And the stuff that wasn't an arm and a leg didn't fit my shoulders worth a damn.

Well, the Boss is looking at the ad and states "Hey, Cabelas has some of their compound bows on sale and they are made by Bow Tech. Why don't we take a look?" I am like cool. I bought her a loaded Mathews Solo Cam last year. I don't want to discuss how much I spent. Now, I have a PSE compound bow that is almost 30 years old. I tuned it up last year, but still, it is like putting lipstick on a pig. She works, but she sure as hell isn't pretty.

So, we go over to the Archery section and I ask the sales guy, Lee, what he thinks. He tells me, if you want a Bow Tech, get a Bow Tech. The bows that they get from them is OK, but you could get a better bow for the same money. I am like, wow, an HONEST sales guy. And he is also one of their bow techs. He asks me what I need. I don't NEED anything. Its a I WANT thing. Looking to upgrade from early 80's technology to something more better. He shows me a 2014 Bear Domain that he has. List price was $599.00 bare assed naked.. I am like no way in Hell will the Boss let me buy a 600 bow. He has it marked down to $259.00 and asks me and the wife if I want to shoot it. She told him to rig it up.

I shot it about 30 times. Wow. I am really falling in love. Easy to shoot, they set the poundage at 70 pounds and it hit a lot harder than my PSE at 80 pounds. I was shooting a 350 grain carbon arrow with field points and the damn thing was definitely hitting it's IBO speed of 322 fps. Arrows were sinking into the targets up to the fletching. I am like, DAYUM.

We ended up getting it, and got another 20 bucks knocked off the price to boot. I'll post some pics later.

Here's a shop pic.

Last edited by TxBorderCop; 10-23-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    We've made too many compromises already. Too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!

Jean Luc Picard

Sounds like a good day!

Super Moderator

Awesome! Happy birthday to your wife! We're neighbors, by the way. Love that Cabela's.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

You've got a keeper! (The wife)
    Congrats!
    In Memory of Cpl. Bradley Coy
    Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Sail on, Hunting Hawk. You were one of a kind.

Does she have any sister's like her?
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

No my friend, she does not. I am not very fond of her two sisters. They are not what I would call, worthy of surviving an EOTW event. One wouldn't know how to survive without going to the store and buying herself cupcakes and the other has Celiacs Disease and rides a broomstick. Actually, they both ride broomsticks. And couldn't survive without electricity and running water and the doughnut shops and the Mall and the other trappings of industrialized life.
    MrsInor and bigwheel like this.
    We've made too many compromises already. Too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!

Jean Luc Picard

Very nice. Congrats.

Sponsored Links