Post Pics of your radios; Ham, SW, CB, etc - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Post Pics of your radios; Ham, SW, CB, etc

This is a discussion on Post Pics of your radios; Ham, SW, CB, etc within the Communications forums, part of the Urban and Rural Survival category; Originally Posted by 3percent Boss Dog, I don't know how to like a post, but that's a good looking CB Hover your cursor over the ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Post Pics of your radios; Ham, SW, CB, etc

Quote Originally Posted by 3percent View Post
    Boss Dog,

I don't know how to like a post, but that's a good looking CB
    Hover your cursor over the intended post, and a "Like" link should pop up on the right side.
    It isn't visible otherwise.
    3percent likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

I promised the pictures of my shack and here they are.

Inside the shack and still growing.
    Attachment 9263

And the antenna farm outside.

The Gv5r antenna. It is up about 38 feet in the air.
    Attachment 9264
    The Diamond V800 antenna mounted on a painters pole. (Yes a painters pole) It is up 28 feet in the air.
    Attachment 9265
    Here is my 70 cm homebrew antenna with the 19db front to back ratio. It is in for a modification. I can post the measurements at a later time on how I made it. This is a very good antenna. I has able to get repeaters in the States from Toronto On. Just let me know and I can stick it in with under radio modes topic.
    Attachment 9266

exmil: links not working.

Invalid Attachment specified
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Post Pics of your radios; Ham, SW, CB, etc-2015-01-08-19.33.06.jpg

Not much to say, this is what I have in my truck, all vehicles have SSB radios, I got this one because it was a cheap SSB and a friend had it and said it doesn't drift. Not much you can do to tune it up, it's pretty much what it is, nothing fancy.

Will picture my other radios sometime.

I just bought one of those Uniden 980SSB CB. When the weather clears up, I am going to install it. I already have an antenna mounted on my truck.
    paraquack likes this.

Ham rig...
    Post Pics of your radios; Ham, SW, CB, etc-kg7ndc-shack.jpg

CB Rig - Mine is actually in a box right now.
    Post Pics of your radios; Ham, SW, CB, etc-mcis0d3nkrflylknr3cgxda.jpg
    paraquack likes this.
    KG7NDC

The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

Here's a few...

Heathkit DX100 HF Transmitter with TimTron Hi-Fi audio mods

Hammarlund HQ-129X HF Receiver

Kenwood TS-520 HF Transceiver with VFO-520 external VFO and SP-520 Speaker - This is a hybrid rig with solid state and tube components.

Gonset 6 meter Commuicator (aka the YELLOWW RADIO!!!), CD surplus, completely restored with original microphone

Kenwood TS-2000X 160m through 23cm (1.2 GHz) all mode transceiver - I have two of these... one rack mounted in the shack and in the motor home.

Kenwood TMD-700 VHF/UHF transceiver and the Icom IC-706mkIIg HF/VHF/UHF rig. This picture is in my old Escalade... these now live in my Avalanche along with a collection of commercial radios.

Icom IC-T90A 6m/2m/70cm handheld, receives from 500KHz to 1GHz continuously (except cell freqs).

I could sit here all day posting rig pix, but I have to actually do some work today

73!

WA1.... something something
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pics of your radios; Ham, SW, CB, etc-gonset.6m.01.800x60.jpg  

Last edited by whoppo; 01-13-2015 at 09:13 AM.
    Arklatex, Boss Dog, hayden and 4 others like this.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    -- The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security --
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

My HAM rig:

Post Pics of your radios; Ham, SW, CB, etc-hog-hunting-information-about-hogs-01.jpg

Salt-N-Pepper; Now THAT is a tasty looking rig!

whoppo; Love that Gonset!
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Hallicrafters SW-500; pretty much same as an S-120, just dressed up purdier.
    From AM up to 30 MHz; shortwave is AM only. First produced 1961
    4 tubes
    12BE6 = Oscillator & Mixer,
    12BA6 = IF Amplifier and BFO,
    12AV6 = 1st Audio Amplifier, AVC and Detector,
    50C5 as the Power Output Amplifier

The standard AM broadcast band is marked with the old Conelrad Civil Defense emblem which consists of a triangle inside of a circle. The CD emblems are found at 640 KHz and 1240 KHz. It was superseded by the "Emergency Broadcast System" in 1963. And it in turn was superseded by the "Emergency Alert System" in 1997.

This was the first shortwave radio I purchased shortly after getting out of the Navy and coming home. I keep it for sentimental reasons and still play with it occasionally. It's a crappy pic, I need to take another one some day.

GE 572; produced 1954
    5 tube AM clock radio

I completely disassembled this one. Cleaned the chassis and fixed some ground connections, sometimes soldering, sometimes adding a lock washer under some nuts. Put the case under water in the bathtub and scrubbed it with a soft brush. Came out looking almost new. The clock face is paper, thank goodness it wasn't too bad and cleaned up easily. The knobs at top of the clock are not original. The originals were round with knurled edges and the same color as the case, but this is the way I received it.

I had this on top of the bench just to listen to our local conservative radio talk show while playing at the bench. A few years ago they added an FM station and eventually dropped the AM and it turned into an ESPN sports/talk station. So now I don't listen to it anymore. The clock keeps better time than any of the techie digitals in the house.
    Last edited by Boss Dog; 07-05-2015 at 11:38 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links