Dragon Skin Obsidian
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Dragon Skin Obsidian

This is a discussion on Dragon Skin Obsidian within the Classifieds, Barter, Trade, Buy, Sell forums, part of the Survival Gear Reviews, Questions, Sell, Swap category; Very Nice Dragon Skin Obsidian Knife! $50 Shipped to your door or trade?...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Dragon Skin Obsidian

Dragon Skin Obsidian

Very Nice Dragon Skin Obsidian Knife!

$50 Shipped to your door or trade?

Dragon Skin Obsidian-dscf0289.jpg

Dragon Skin Obsidian-dscf0275.jpg Dragon Skin Obsidian-dscf0277.jpg
    GTGallop and Leon like this.
    I am here to teach what I know and learn what I can everyday. When one assumes he knows everything then he has proven himself a fool.

This is a viciously sharp knife. Here is a bit of info, in a pic you can normally tell if its sharp or not by looking at the edges. A sharp stone knife will normally have almost a serrated look. This is due to the knapping process and when it gets down to a fine edge little bits flake away. Thus leaving you a very sharp edge and a serrated look.

Dragon Skin Obsidian-edge.jpg

A smooth edge however sharper than a butter knife and will cut. Is not the razor like edge I personally want on any knife. Now I would not hesitate to process game with this knife but there is a risk. If you break away a sliver from the edge and it gets in your meat then you could ingest it. This would not be a good thing so you have to pay attention.

Dragon Skin Obsidian-dscf0292.jpg
    Last edited by BamaBoy101; 01-26-2014 at 11:43 PM.
    I am here to teach what I know and learn what I can everyday. When one assumes he knows everything then he has proven himself a fool.

this is another Dragon Skin piece that I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet. Some great stuff and would work for a knife blade or an atlatl dart or even a spear point... Any Request....

Dragon Skin Obsidian-dscf0295.jpg

Dragon Skin Obsidian-dscf0296.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Oh and here is a Bloodstone piece as well, any request?

Dragon Skin Obsidian-dscf0279.jpg
    Last edited by BamaBoy101; 01-26-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Some sweet work.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    Some sweet work.
    Thank You Sir!

That bloostone is gorgeous. How big is it and what do YOU think it could/should be shapped as? I think it would make a great spearpoint - but might be too small for that? I think I just might take it off your hands.

Bamaboy I love your work! I was wondering if you have posted something about the maintenance of these works of art? Plz forgive my ignorance not tying to troll or anything I just have no clue if there even is maintenance or how to sharpen.
    Last edited by Ronin2013; 01-26-2014 at 06:28 AM.
    BamaBoy101 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Jefferson View Post
    That bloostone is gorgeous. How big is it and what do YOU think it could/should be shapped as? I think it would make a great spearpoint - but might be too small for that? I think I just might take it off your hands.
    The bloodstone is 3" long and 1" wide. It would make a perfect neck knife or small capping knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin2013 View Post
    Bamaboy I love your work! I was wondering if you have posted something about the maintenance of these works of art? Plz forgive my ignorance not tying to troll or anything I just have no clue if there even is maintenance or how to sharpen.
    I do not recommend using these knives as an every day blade. Even meat processing requires one to be attentive. Imagine if you were to break off a sliver into the meat. That said the way to sharpen these blades is to flake the edge which does require some skill. But the only way to dull these obsidian knives is to break away the edge by sawing on bone and such. These don't dull if you teat them right. Thats just the nature of obsidian, I have a mahogany obsidian knife that I have processed over 200 rabbits with and its still a razor blade and I have never touched the edge. But at the same time if you drop these on concrete or gravel the blade may very well snap.

BTW, very good question!
    Last edited by BamaBoy101; 01-26-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links