Dehydrated Meals
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Dehydrated Meals

This is a discussion on Dehydrated Meals within the Classifieds, Barter, Trade, Buy, Sell forums, part of the Survival Gear Reviews, Questions, Sell, Swap category; So you found your water source but theres not alot of food around… now you have a choice, venture out into unknown territory or pull ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Dehydrated Meals

Dehydrated Meals

So you found your water source but theres not alot of food around… now you have a choice, venture out into unknown territory or pull out the meals that you packed in your bug out bag and add some boiling water… a few minutes later, delicious food. I know what youre thinking "Great more MREs for sale." Nope these are dehydrated meals that you can actually look forward to eating. Come over and check out GOFoods Global | SERVE. SAVE. SHARE. and get your meal planned squared away.

I ordered the free starter pack, and if its decent, Ill let everyone know, from shipping to eating....lets see if it's good..

My God people learn the simple process of cooking from scratch if you are serious about prepping. The money you save now from not buying prepared meals will help you to increase your food stores.

I wouldn't suggest this this company until they publish how many calories a day their meal plans provide, looks like a lot of soups and oatmeal which is highly suspect.
    Inor, dannydefense, Ripon and 1 others like this.
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Keep me posted, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Rancher View Post
    My God people learn the simple process of cooking from scratch if you are serious about prepping. The money you save now from not buying prepared meals will help you to increase your food stores.

I wouldn't suggest this this company until they publish how many calories a day their meal plans provide, looks like a lot of soups and oatmeal which is highly suspect.
    Ah, they do publish their calories per meal if you look at their site it lists them all. I might add that all of the freeze dried and dehydrated foods do as well as full ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by joec View Post
    Ah, they do publish their calories per meal if you look at their site it lists them all. I might add that all of the freeze dried and dehydrated foods do as well as full ingredients.
    Ah thanks, with a little fumbling around I was able to find the calorie tables, so there is the deal:

I looked over the 30 day package for 1 person for $225

GOFoods 1 Month Supply

That package adds up to 24704 calories total or 823 per day, I believe a starvation diet is around 600 calories so at least you are not starving but if you are active at all you will need to use 2x30 day packages a month to not be losing muscle mass or $450 per month. The upside is I'm sure its tastes good.

As an alternative with a little scratch cooking get one of these:

380 Total Servings White Rice 42 lb. Bucket Emergency Food Storage By Shelf Reliance® THRIVE?

That is 380 x 150 calorie servings for a total of 42,000 calories or 1400 calories a day for $56, of course you will want to eat more than rice every day but my point is this GOFoods company is a crock for cost effectiveness.

Plus if you want to buy 40-50lb bags of rice and beans for $25 a bag and store them yourselves the cost goes down by half.
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Rancher View Post
    Ah thanks, with a little fumbling around I was able to find the calorie tables, so there is the deal:

I looked over the 30 day package for 1 person for $225

GOFoods 1 Month Supply

That package adds up to 24704 calories total or 823 per day, I believe a starvation diet is around 600 calories so at least you are not starving but if you are active at all you will need to use 2x30 day packages a month to not be losing muscle mass or $450 per month. The upside is I'm sure its tastes good.

As an alternative with a little scratch cooking get one of these:

380 Total Servings White Rice 42 lb. Bucket Emergency Food Storage By Shelf Reliance® THRIVE?

That is 380 x 150 calorie servings for a total of 42,000 calories or 1400 calories a day for $56, of course you will want to eat more than rice every day but my point is this GOFoods company is a crock for cost effectiveness.

Plus if you want to buy 40-50lb bags of rice and beans for $25 a bag and store them yourselves the cost goes down by half.
    Now I don't disagree with that however not every one as I pointed out in another thread on Wise Foods, has the storage space, land required for growing foods or raising live stock etc. This is especially true if one lives in a city where most of the population is located in this country. So Wise, Go, Mountain House, Thrive, Augason and others such foods make it practical, though not cheap. They are light weight in the case of Wise and Go Foods and easily stacked in small areas while the others generally are in #10 cans but still fairly light. Rice, beans, pastas and many can goods one can buy at the grocery store have shelf lives of 5 to 10 years including some can meats. However if one must bug out especially with a back pack a weeks supply of food would take about the same space in a back pack as a spare set of cloths and weigh less. As for the expense it when you actually look at the amount per cost it costs about as much as an average meal purchased in a fast food joint today.

mypatriotsupply.com has dehydrated food for a better price.. It is where I have bought my supply, and tastes like everything else I have tried, haha.
    Prepadoodle likes this.
    “It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
    Charles Darwin

“The strong survive, but the courageous triumph.”
    Michael Scott

Hidden Content

Check the ingredients for TVP (textured vegetable protein). If it uses that stuff you may want to avoid the ones with it in it. It's Tofu and no matter what they do to it the taste is just not something I tolerate well.

Montana Rancher likes this.

I didn't mind TVP just don't have the need for it. Can't help but think of the dramatic variations in goods and prices trying to appeal to 3 million Preppers. I have found Costco and the the Mormon canning centers to be the best to me (and I'm not Mormon). I picked up #10 cans of rice there last Wednesday for $3.5 each and will hand them out to me students after they read One Second After over thanksgiving.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links