Solar Inverter / charger controller off grid system
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Solar Inverter / charger controller off grid system within the Classifieds, Barter, Trade, Buy, Sell forums, part of the Survival Gear Reviews, Questions, Sell, Swap category; I have a Trace 4024 solar inverter , 4000 watts on a 24vdc battery system, it includes a 60 Amp outback power charge controller, all ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By 8301
  • 1 Post By GTGallop

Thread: Solar Inverter / charger controller off grid system

I have a Trace 4024 solar inverter , 4000 watts on a 24vdc battery system, it includes a 60 Amp outback power charge controller, all completely wired in a hurricane proof enclosure / outdoor rated, with all DC disconnects, 4 breaker AC subpanel and 4/0 battery cables. This is used, I used this to power my home for 8 years before I upgraded to a larger system. I am a solar expert and would be glad to provide assistance with selecting solar panels etc. Has option to connect to generator and has auto generator signaling for startup. Have all manuals. $1250.00 this is a very good deal! Located near Charlotte NC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Solar Inverter / charger controller off grid system-20160517_091520.jpg  

Solar Inverter / charger controller off grid system-20160517_091236.jpg  

Solar Inverter / charger controller off grid system-20160517_091334.jpg  

Solar Inverter / charger controller off grid system-20160517_091450.jpg  

Solar Inverter / charger controller off grid system-20160517_091536.jpg  

Banned

First let me say that trying to sell something on your opening post is a first class way to get people not to trust you.

Having said that the Trace 4024 inverter is generally considered to be a very durable inverter, often lasting over 15 years so it's probably still got a few good years of heavy use still in it. Assuming you're saying 4000 watt hr battery bank that's a small battery bank for that inverter, what type and how old are the batteries?

With that charge controller at 24v you're going to be limited to about 1400 watts in panels although I guess if you lived in a very warm area you could get away with a .77 derate factor and push about 1850 watts worth of panels without the controller clipping the power back except during cloud effect.

Since it's an 8 yr old system the buyer would probably need a few more disconnects ect to meet 2011 or 2014 NEC requirements if they tried to grid tie it but I've got to admit that just the inverter, charge controller, enclosure, and subpanel make it a pretty good deal for the money. I'd recommend heavier cables than the 4ga and I'd consider the batteries as a temporary set since we don't know their history.

Having said that why don't you post something on the introduction page so we know a bit about you.
    Last edited by 8301; 05-23-2016 at 06:57 PM.
    stowlin and GTGallop like this.

^^ Excellent Guiding and Corrective Post! ^^
    8301 likes this.
    KG7NDC

The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by solarlighitng View Post
    I have a Trace 4024 solar inverter , 4000 watts on a 24vdc battery system, it includes a 60 Amp outback power charge controller, all completely wired in a hurricane proof enclosure / outdoor rated, with all DC disconnects, 4 breaker AC subpanel and 4/0 battery cables. This is used, I used this to power my home for 8 years before I upgraded to a larger system. I am a solar expert and would be glad to provide assistance with selecting solar panels etc. Has option to connect to generator and has auto generator signaling for startup. Have all manuals. $1250.00 this is a very good deal! Located near Charlotte NC.
    Top of the inning,, swing and a miss
    Taking your guns is like eating a whale,,,,,,One bite at a time

Sponsored Links