7 in 1 Multipurpose Axe Kit (Military Version) Huge Discount! 43% Off Original Price - Page 3

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

7 in 1 Multipurpose Axe Kit (Military Version) Huge Discount! 43% Off Original Price

This is a discussion on 7 in 1 Multipurpose Axe Kit (Military Version) Huge Discount! 43% Off Original Price within the Classifieds, Barter, Trade, Buy, Sell forums, part of the Survival Gear Reviews, Questions, Sell, Swap category; Hey Joe-- wanna buy a watch??...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 7 in 1 Multipurpose Axe Kit (Military Version) Huge Discount! 43% Off Original Price

Hey Joe-- wanna buy a watch??

What the heck guys? Three pages of initiating a suspicious newbie before I find out?

Someone coulda PM'd me.
    Slippy, Kauboy, GTGallop and 1 others like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

This isn't eBay or Amazon. Go away.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Can you guys not read!!??? Selling wasn't my only intention. I signed up to join the community as well. I've never been on a preppers forum before and from what you guys are saying, I guess you get a lot of people that just advertise. How would I know that!? I'm a beginner prepper. I've been building my BOB and can't buy new stuff until I sell those axe kits. I'm waiting to by a pair of ATACS-FG ACU pants. And I WAS.... going to ask eventually about types of flashlights to buy, but from the type of reception I got. I really don't care to join this community. I do see your side of things about the people just wanting to sell things, But there are people like me. People new to prepping that happen to have stuff to sell. I got those axe kits from work cause they had extra, so I posted it here. What am I suppose to join the community and not advertise the 2 kits that are sitting in my basement and are worthless to me, not only that.... They're preventing me from buying new gear.

The rules never said anything that I HAD to introduce myself. What would I have said? "Hi, I'm new to prepping". That's all there is right now. I wouldn't want to waste anybodies time with that. So even If i didn't post the Ad, I wouldn't have posted anything yet, I would've just read your guys posts. I'm new, I don't really know anything yet. So it's not like I can post advice.

So, I join a community and think I can post about my gear I don't want, and everyone is basically saying "get the fuck out of here, your shit's junk, etc..."!! Well good luck finding new people. I'll look for another community to join, cause this one is rude, hostile, and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by u00drk1 View Post
    I did think of someone else's perspective. I have 2 axe kits that I don't want. I went to a forum of like minded people (I'm a beginner prepper) that I thought might want to buy them, so I posted in the correct category. I read the general rules post and it didn't say anything about an introduction post. I joined the forum to sell items I thought people in this forum might want to buy, and joined to learn new things and get information. But when you have people acting completely rude to someone for no reason, I get a 1st impression form you guys. And it isn't a good one. 2 people were completely rude and acting offensive for no perceived reason to a newcomer. Like I said, I read the general rules post and it said nothing about an introduction. I'm second guessing about joining this community because of the hostility you show to new people.

*side note: these aren't overpriced crap. Like I said, US steel, Made in USA, by US workers. Not going to sell high quality items for cheap china prices
    I hope I'm not included in the "2 rude people".
    If you'll recall, I did say "please".

I took the liberty of underlining the primary problem in your post. Your priorities are askew from ours
    We do not come here to buy, so your first reason should not be to sell.

Are we clear now?
    If you're good with this, stick around.
    If you're not, the door ain't locked.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

I still got that 100 dollars shipped. Seems like you really need to sell those to get some preps. You could buy a lot of paracord survival bracelets and cans of soup for that Maybe even a high quality gently used bag to put it in too. Just saying.
    SGG and duncan1371 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    I hope I'm not included in the "2 rude people".
    If you'll recall, I did say "please".

I took the liberty of underlining the primary problem in your post. Your priorities are askew from ours
    We do not come here to buy, so your first reason should not be to sell.

Are we clear now?
    If you're good with this, stick around.
    If you're not, the door ain't locked.
    you see that 2nd part you underlined.....
    And I know this forum ain't just for buying and selling, but this sub category is. Heres literally what happened. Those axe kits have been up for sale for 2 months. I was looking for a preppers community to join. this is the 1st one that shows up in google. So i joined. Then I start scrolling through the threads to see all the different categories there were. I saw there was a classified category and thought "Oh, I can post about my axes". SO just cause I did it on the day I joined means I came here JUST to sell!!???

Like I said, I would have made other posts, NOT in the classified thread. But don't see the point in it now.
    Last edited by u00drk1; 02-18-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    I still got that 100 dollars shipped. Seems like you really need to sell those to get some preps. You could buy a lot of paracord survival bracelets and cans of soup for that Maybe even a high quality gently used bag to put it in too. Just saying.
    And that is exactly why I'm done here. Mocking me now. I literately can't believe this is how you treat new people what the fuck?
    A Watchman likes this.

And that is exactly why I'm done here. Mocking me now. I literately can't believe this is how you treat new people what the fuck?
    You'll find ample examples of new people joining everyday who receive a warm and inviting welcome. Our first interaction with you was like that with a door to door salesman.
    Surely you can see the stark difference.

Yes, I did see the SECOND part of what I underlined. My statement about your priorities was a direct reply to the order of reasons you provided for coming here.
    1. Sell
    2. Learn

Es no simpatico...

Capich?
    SittingElf likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

You obviously are not a total net novice, so you should already know that most forums frown upon new members who don't intro themselves before diving into the meat of the forum and posting. People want to know who you are, where you're coming from, and what your interests are.

As regards to FOR SALE threads, many forums (including two non-prepper forums that I own) will not allow a new member to post a FS item until a certain threshold of participatory posts have been made. I am a member of a photography forum that requires a minimum of 50 (excessive, but necessary to stop commercial sales).

Don't get your panties bunched up about this. You got off easy. Some forums would lambaste you to death for not posting an intro first if you posted ANYTHING before doing so.

And..... Preppers are very active on eBay, both as buyers and as sellers. If you can't sell your Axe on eBay for the price you're looking for, I can damn sure guarantee you won't get it here...or on any other prepper site.

There is a lot here to learn and participate. I'd take a deep breath, post a FULL intro, and then ease your way into educational discourse.

For what it's worth, your price IS good... There just may not be much interest from preppers who don't really see the need. Probably better luck with 4-wheelers and off-roaders. http://www.amazon.com/U-S-MILITARY-V...ds=The+Max+Axe
    Last edited by SittingElf; 02-19-2016 at 12:21 AM.
    This is the last US Presidential Election. Take notes and pictures for the great-grandkids.
    Hidden Content

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links