Get Your Prepper Score!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Get Your Prepper Score!

This is a discussion on Get Your Prepper Score! within the Books, Videos, Media, Podcasts forums, part of the General Discussion category; Get Your Prepper Score | National Geographic Channel I'd just once like to see somebody on the show get a perfect score as an example ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Get Your Prepper Score!

Get Your Prepper Score!

Get Your Prepper Score | National Geographic Channel

I'd just once like to see somebody on the show get a perfect score as an example to the rest of us failures. :razz:
    Doomsday likes this.
    Reality: Hidden Content

I'm at 8 to 12 months which seems to be the average score on the show.

I've always wondered what preps the "experts" have tucked away. And who made them experts. Did they go to PU, Preppers University and get a masters degree or a PhD in prepping?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I don't think the "experts" have much expertise. They like big blue barrels filled with water in your garage,and lots of little cans and jars of food in your cupboards, they love buckets of expensive presealed food you buy survivalist stores, but are somewhat ignorant on other means of surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    I've always wondered what preps the "experts" have tucked away. And who made them experts. Did they go to PU, Preppers University and get a masters degree or a PhD in prepping?
    As critical as they are. "Experts" and all... I envision people like "Gold Finger", "The Man with the Golden Gun", "Dr. No", various other Bond villains.
    Attachment 3092

OR, a bunch of 13 year old kids sitting around eating Cheetoes, grading people as part of their "Board Games and Comic Books Club"... To tough to call!

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Infidel View Post
    I don't think the "experts" have much expertise. They like big blue barrels filled with water in your garage,and lots of little cans and jars of food in your cupboards, they love buckets of expensive presealed food you buy survivalist stores, but are somewhat ignorant on other means of surviving.
    Yup. They ask if you have food and water stored up, then ask the questions I thought more pertinent, then graded me on the amount of food and water I have stored up. Also, when does the S hit the fan? That isn't taken into consideration. I figure it being at the end of the peak growing season so I can be prepared to make it through that. They also want to know how much meat you have stored. I took a hit on that one. Pfft. Lower Alabama is a target-rich environment for meat. Heck, trapping wild boar will get you more meat than you can eat. Figure squirrel, rabbit, fish and deer...
    oldmurph58 likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

31, With 2 months survival time. That's fine as i'm prepping for short term natural disaster IE Nor'easter/hurricane so that sounds about right.

Although I would like to get more wood for my fireplace.
    Last edited by PrepperLite; 10-28-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Honestly there are to many variables to really say how long you can survive. Best thing you can do is plan to be ready, thats why we are all here. We are the few that are going to be ready for whatever we have thrown at us. none of our preps are perfect but we are for sure going to stand a better chance then the rest of the unprepared.

Quote Originally Posted by wesley762 View Post
    Honestly there are to many variables to really say how long you can survive. Best thing you can do is plan to be ready, thats why we are all here. We are the few that are going to be ready for whatever we have thrown at us. none of our preps are perfect but we are for sure going to stand a better chance then the rest of the unprepared.
    Like my neighbor told me the other day. "You'll see every pond and lake in this country LINED with people shoulder to shoulder fishing if S ever HTF... How many people will pull a gun on the first guy who catches something, or just club him with a bat to take it? That fish will change hands 6 times before it ever gets near a plate.".

He's probably right in most cases! No telling WHAT people will do.

12-16 months. They ding'ed me at the end for my water supply... Too bad even by answering their questions it would have shown I have waaaay than more water required, and they didn't even let me put on that we have a rain water cistern... oh well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links