Denton and Sasquatch Podcast #12 - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Denton and Sasquatch Podcast #12

This is a discussion on Denton and Sasquatch Podcast #12 within the Books, Videos, Media, Podcasts forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Montana Rancher I spent 14 minutes of my life on the pod cast. No redeeming value, I didn't learn a thing Maybe ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Denton and Sasquatch Podcast #12

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Rancher View Post
    I spent 14 minutes of my life on the pod cast.

No redeeming value, I didn't learn a thing

Maybe after 15 minutes it got really good.....

IMO I won't listen any more
    As we've said a few times, these are often times nothing more than primers. You know all there is to know, but you'd be surprised at how many people will vigorously rub a frostbitten body part to warm it. That is but one example.

Now, as you are knowledgeable on SHTF doctoring, this is the place to share the information! For example, how does one set a broken bone? No ambulance coming to pick me up and take me to the doc? Well, someone's got to do it. I've set my own nose a few times, but never an arm or leg.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    ...Now, as you are knowledgeable on SHTF doctoring, this is the place to share the information! For example, how does one set a broken bone? No ambulance coming to pick me up and take me to the doc? Well, someone's got to do it. I've set my own nose a few times, but never an arm or leg.
    I've seen a doctor set a dislocated shoulder in the ER by tugging on a rolled up and knotted bed sheet. That's pretty low tech. The patient thanked him effusively.

If you tried that with a sharp ended broken bone, though, you would probably do a lot more damage to blood vessels and nerves. I think that takes surgical intervention. We were taught in EMT school to stop the bleeding, immobilize, and transport stat. How you would do it SHTF, I'll be interested to find out.
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    I've seen a doctor set a dislocated shoulder in the ER by tugging on a rolled up and knotted bed sheet. That's pretty low tech. The patient thanked him effusively.

If you tried that with a sharp ended broken bone, though, you would probably do a lot more damage to blood vessels and nerves. I think that takes surgical intervention. We were taught in EMT school to stop the bleeding, immobilize, and transport stat. How you would do it SHTF, I'll be interested to find out.
    I'm interested as well. I'm the one who will have the compound fracture when things go bad.
    sideKahr likes this.
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    As we've said a few times, these are often times nothing more than primers. You know all there is to know, but you'd be surprised at how many people will vigorously rub a frostbitten body part to warm it. That is but one example.

Now, as you are knowledgeable on SHTF doctoring, this is the place to share the information! For example, how does one set a broken bone? No ambulance coming to pick me up and take me to the doc? Well, someone's got to do it. I've set my own nose a few times, but never an arm or leg.
    Some are rarely happy with results. Frankly, I think y'all do a great job. Thanks
    Sasquatch and Denton like this.

Super Moderator

To tell you the truth @inceptor we don't care what anyone thinks. We have fun doing it and that's all that really matters. Plus we are doing a free service to help with our community. Which is more than any naysayer is doing.

Sent from a Galaxy S5 far far away.
    sideKahr, SGG, Denton and 1 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    To tell you the truth @inceptor we don't care what anyone thinks. We have fun doing it and that's all that really matters. Plus we are doing a free service to help with our community. Which is more than any naysayer is doing.

100% agreed. It's been a lot of years since I gave a rat's a$$ what others think.

Keep up the good work. And thanks for the chuckles.
    Sasquatch and Denton like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Thank you for your outstanding review of our latest podcast. We appreciate your feedback! Perhaps in the future we will do different podcast dedicated to unicorns and fluffy kittens that is more suited to your tastes.

If it hadn't been for Montana Rancher's comment, I would not have clicked on the link. I didn't know or cared you guys even had a Podcast.

What's that old saying... "Even Bad Press is Good Press"
    SGG, Denton and Slippy like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KA5IVR View Post
    If it hadn't been for Montana Rancher's comment, I would not have clicked on the link. I didn't know or cared you guys even had a Podcast.

What's that old saying... "Even Bad Press is Good Press"
    Glad you clicked on it; hoped you liked it. If you didn't, we plan on getting better. Either way, Sas and I are having fun, and we do hope y'all have fun right along with it. Along the way, we want to talk about things that will provoke thought and conversation.
    Slippy, Sasquatch and inceptor like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Kill whitey?
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 6811 View Post
    Kill whitey?
    Denton is a secret BLM leader. It slips out occasionally.

Denton likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links