Apocalyptic Fiction
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Apocalyptic Fiction

This is a discussion on Apocalyptic Fiction within the Books, Videos, Media, Podcasts forums, part of the General Discussion category; Here's a list of recent novels I've read that deal with apocalyptic catastrophes. Many are Prepper friendly. All are entertaining. I'm including links. I bought ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Wryter
  • 1 Post By Dalarast
  • 1 Post By Wryter

Thread: Apocalyptic Fiction

Apocalyptic Fiction

Here's a list of recent novels I've read that deal with apocalyptic catastrophes. Many are Prepper friendly. All are entertaining. I'm including links. I bought all of these as ebooks but many are also available in print.

The Dying Time: Impact by Raymond Dean White (Book One in The Dying Time Trilogy)
    Amazon.com: The Dying Time: Impact (The Dying Time Trilogy Book 1) eBook: Raymond Dean White, Duane Lindsay: Kindle Store

After The Dying Time by Raymond Dean White (Book Two in The Dying Time Trilogy)
    http://www.amazon.com/AFTER-THE-DYIN...PJEX86VSG422FB

Sedulity: Impact by David Forsyth (Sedulity Saga 1)
    Amazon.com: Sedulity (Book One) Impact (Sedulity Saga 1) eBook: David Forsyth, William Rosenthal: Kindle Store

Sedulity 2: Aftershock (Book 2 in the Sedulity Saga) by David Forsyth
    Amazon.com: Sedulity 2: Aftershock (Sedulity Saga) eBook: David Forsyth, Felicia Sullivan, William Rosenthal: Kindle Store

One Second After by Williiam Forstchen
    Amazon.com: One Second After eBook: William R. Forstchen, Newt Gingrich, William D. Sanders: Kindle Store

The Jakarta Pandemic by Steven Konkoly
    Amazon.com: The Jakarta Pandemic: Prequel to The Perseid Collapse Post Apocalyptic Series eBook: Steven Konkoly: Kindle Store

The Perseid Collapse by Steven Konkoly
    The Perseid Collapse (The Perseid Collapse Post Apocalyptic Series Book 1) - Kindle edition by Steven Konkoly. Mystery, Thriller & Suspense Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Event Horizon by Steven Konkoly
    Event Horizon (The Perseid Collapse Post Apocalyptic Series Book 2) - Kindle edition by Steven Konkoly. Mystery, Thriller & Suspense Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

This is all I have time to post for now. The Dying Time: Impact and The Jakarta Pandemic are probably the two most Prepper friendly of the lot since they detail preps and prep usage and name specific brands as well as exploring grim situations Preppers might encounter. The Dying Time: Impact even has an excellent appendix with links at the back of the book.
    BagLady, Ripon, Slippy and 2 others like this.
    Growing your own food is like growing your own money.

While doubt is uncomfortable, certainty is the refuge of fools and zealots.

If you aren't preparing to live, you're preparing to die.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Wryter View Post
    Here's a list of recent novels I've read that deal with apocalyptic catastrophes. Many are Prepper friendly. All are entertaining. I'm including links. I bought all of these as ebooks but many are also available in print.

The Dying Time: Impact by Raymond Dean White (Book One in The Dying Time Trilogy)
    Amazon.com: The Dying Time: Impact (The Dying Time Trilogy Book 1) eBook: Raymond Dean White, Duane Lindsay: Kindle Store

After The Dying Time by Raymond Dean White (Book Two in The Dying Time Trilogy)
    http://www.amazon.com/AFTER-THE-DYIN...PJEX86VSG422FB

Sedulity: Impact by David Forsyth (Sedulity Saga 1)
    Amazon.com: Sedulity (Book One) Impact (Sedulity Saga 1) eBook: David Forsyth, William Rosenthal: Kindle Store

Sedulity 2: Aftershock (Book 2 in the Sedulity Saga) by David Forsyth
    Amazon.com: Sedulity 2: Aftershock (Sedulity Saga) eBook: David Forsyth, Felicia Sullivan, William Rosenthal: Kindle Store

One Second After by Williiam Forstchen
    Amazon.com: One Second After eBook: William R. Forstchen, Newt Gingrich, William D. Sanders: Kindle Store

The Jakarta Pandemic by Steven Konkoly
    Amazon.com: The Jakarta Pandemic: Prequel to The Perseid Collapse Post Apocalyptic Series eBook: Steven Konkoly: Kindle Store

The Perseid Collapse by Steven Konkoly
    The Perseid Collapse (The Perseid Collapse Post Apocalyptic Series Book 1) - Kindle edition by Steven Konkoly. Mystery, Thriller & Suspense Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Event Horizon by Steven Konkoly
    Event Horizon (The Perseid Collapse Post Apocalyptic Series Book 2) - Kindle edition by Steven Konkoly. Mystery, Thriller & Suspense Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

This is all I have time to post for now. The Dying Time: Impact and The Jakarta Pandemic are probably the two most Prepper friendly of the lot since they detail preps and prep usage and name specific brands as well as exploring grim situations Preppers might encounter. The Dying Time: Impact even has an excellent appendix with links at the back of the book.
    Thanks Wryter.

Bout to go away again and needed some more books I read. Thanks.
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

A couple book recommendations--
    Going home
    Surviving home
    By A. American
    Two books about a survivalist in Florida who walks 200 miles home after an EMP attack,
    and afterwords.

I have always liked ; what do we do now captain, we are being over run, cpt replies " we die, and take as many to hell with us as we go!"
    oops

I like the A. American stuff.

Of course, there's nothing like the grand daddy of them all, "Alas, Babylon", and my personal favorite "Lucifer's Hammer".

I really enjoyed the entire "299 Days" series except the last one, the 43 Colonels, which frankly I asked for a refund on (I am an audiobook guy, I am "out and about" a LOT).

Also, although they are more SF than pure survivalism, John RIngo's Posleen War series (A Hymn Before Battle, Gust Front, etc) is excellent and many are now free to download via the publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    A couple book recommendations--
    Going home
    Surviving home
    By A. American
    Two books about a survivalist in Florida who walks 200 miles home after an EMP attack,
    and afterwords.
    Happily there are three more in the series as well! One of my favorites. There is also the excellent Matt Bracken EFAD Trilogy which was got me into the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi45 View Post
    Happily there are three more in the series as well! One of my favorites. There is also the excellent Matt Bracken EFAD Trilogy which was got me into the genre.
    Cool. I had not heard of these, I just got it on kindle unlimited. The audio book add on was only $1.99 that way. Was needing to find a new book to start tonight, #1 it is

Slippy likes this.
    Growing your own food is like growing your own money.

While doubt is uncomfortable, certainty is the refuge of fools and zealots.

If you aren't preparing to live, you're preparing to die.

Hidden Content

Sponsored Links