prepper library
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

prepper library

This is a discussion on prepper library within the Books, Videos, Media, Podcasts forums, part of the General Discussion category; ive thought about collecting books to build a prepper library. What kind of books should i stock it with?...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: prepper library

prepper library

ive thought about collecting books to build a prepper library. What kind of books should i stock it with?

I would go with hard copy of how to books and Kindle for lots or prepper fiction or anything else you feel like reading.
    Wryter, Hemi45 and Sarahwalker like this.

Perhaps Kindle with solar recharger for your Bob. For buging in either. Although I would lean toward print. Food preservation, primitive construction, medical, any reference material on subjects that would be useful during shtf. As well as some recreational and the spiritual up lifting that as humans we will surely need.
    Wryter likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

soft back books I have got the complete series of The Fox Fire Books. I've been collecting them for yrs. Foxfire Museum Gift Shop - The Foxfire Series
    jimb1972 likes this.
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Get some first aid books like: COMBAT LIFESAVER SUBCOURSE IS0871, SELF AID/BUDDY AID IS0877 and FM 4-25.11 (FM 21-11) FIRST AID. I would also get some books on how to smoke meat. In a grid down situation you may not have refrigeration. If you plan on raising any animals then you may want to get some books on what animals you want. Maybe books on canning and preserving foods.
    Arklatex and Hemi45 like this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

The Encyclopedia of Country Living in print. Excellent resource.

If you're wanting to keep animals ... don't forget the vet med books. Also consider permaculture books: Permaculture helps with setting up a homestead to be comfortable and make great use of limited resources (water, energy, human labor, etc.).

Here's my small yet growing collection. Only thing I haven't boughten yet are medical books. I shop at thrift stores and the book store inside the library, and a lot of their medical books are older. I'm waiting for something at least from this century to pop up lol. The older ones may be fine, but I know that medical advice and thoughts and techniques changes regularly. What was acceptable practice before, may not be now, and vice versa. Same with cookbooks/food books. I have older ones, but you have to be careful of what's inside. A certain "canning" book comes to mind. While there are good recipes in there, the methods have changed. And I also have gardening books. Some specific to my area. Same with bug identification books. Just about all my books were free or $0.25-$3 which is a deal. I'm building my library slowly!

And best book to have? Is the Bible. Even if you're not religious. It has a section in there that tells you what is healthy or not to eat. prepper library-imageuploadedbytapatalk1425999406.758112.jpg
    Sarahwalker likes this.

West Side of the Lower Pennisula of Michigan
    A book on edible wild plants would also do you good. There's actually a lot of them around but if you don't know about them you'll walk right by without even knowing there is a potential meal by the path. Also the knowledge in a book like that can tell you if the plant is edible raw or if it requires some preparation such as willow bark or pine needle tea.
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Our prepper library is my biggest current ongoing project.

You can go CRAZY on it.

My digital library is nearing 8GB of information, including military manuals, medical texts, yadda yadda yadda.

What is your budget?

There's a LOT of stuff available free of charge, especially some really great public domain military manuals. Do some Googling.

When I get a chance I will start a thread on this with links and resources I have found and used.
    Arklatex and Slippy like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links