There is no denying that our current state of affairs is quickly spiraling out of control. What is the worst threat that we (as a world) face with this scenario? I would posit that mass dispersal of dioxin stockpiles is our biggest threat. Here, I have compiled CRITICAL INFORMATION on how to actively COMBAT this threat. Every bit of information has sources attached
Dioxin (Most popular form: Agent Orange)
WHAT ARE DIOXINS? AND HOW AM I EFFECTED?
1. Dioxins are industrial polutants that are constantly dispersed throughout the world
2. They are highly toxic and can cause reproductive and developmental problems, damage the immune system, interfere with hormones and cause cancer
3. Their environmental dispersal increases significantly during times of war and have been used in biological warfare (most popular example is agent orange in Vietnam)
For these reasons it is critical to understand the ways we can respond to a large scale dispersion of dioxins on our environment.
How could a dispersion like that occure?
- Natural disasters could destroy facilities storing toxic waste
- Biological warfare
- Industrial mistakes / mishaps
- Terrorist attack
HOW CAN WE RESPOND TO THIS?
***(((1. PERSONAL TREATMENTS)))***
a. Common sense: Identify effected areas and if you can, reduce your exposure to contaminated water and fish.
b. Eating Chlorophyll before meals reduces dioxin absorption in the small intestines
c. Chlorophyll can be derived from Chlorella
d. Chlorella reduces dioxin absorption and accelerates dioxin excretion
e. Xanthohumol (found in hops and beer) has been shown to reverse the effects of
dioxin on DNA. Modest consumption of beer or xanthohumol may help people who
have been exposed to dioxin.
***(((2. WATER TREATMENTS)))***
a. Activated carbon is a good sorbent to filter dioxins but
b. Carbon nanotubes are a superior sorbent
c. Dioxins can be broken down / treated with Ozone and H2o2 (hydrogen peroxide)
Note: Ozone is the most promising method, look for an ozone generator to treat
d. Filtration through clean soil can remove PCP from water. The soil can then be microwave irradiated to permanantly bind the PCP to the soil
e. Reverse Osmosis is the most effective way to remove PCDD, PCDF and PCBs. However, it produces a lot of toxic waste water that needs to be treated. It can be treated with advanced oxidization processes like ozone, and h2o2.
f. Ozonation may be sufficient for treating/oxidizing the R/O waste water.
It is a promising solution for breaking down PPCPs & EDCs
***(((3. FOOD TREATMENTS)))***
1. Washing food with ozonated water, food grade peroxide, or ethanol (liqor) may help reduce the amounts of dioxin on the surface of the food. For meats, they may need to be ground and marinated in ozonated water or ethanol (liqor) before being cooked
Source: Source: https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article...icle/-char/ja/
Source: Source: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...1002/jctb.4389
2. Activated carbon can remove dioxin from fish oil without negatively
effecting the quality of the fish oil
3. Microwave (postulation)
***(((4. SOIL TREATMENTS)))***
1. Steam distillation of soil - DCDD evaporates with water. This also means that
distillation is not a good method for water treatment.
2. Subscritical water extraction process
3. Washing with ethanol, followed by UV irradiation
4. Large scale soil remediation using fungus Ceriporia sp. MZ-340
5. "Lower chlorinated dioxins can be degraded by aerobic bacteria from the genera of Sphingomonas, Pseudomonas and Burkholderia." White rot fungi.
6. Fungi that could potentially be used
7. With white-rot fungus
8. Irradiation after binding with activated carbon
9. Washing soil multiple times with ethanol is a cost effective and simple treatment
1. If you have the option, don't use water or eat fish from contaminated sources
2. If you don't have the option, pretreat your water with Ozone, hydrogen peroxide
3. Eat foods high in chlorapyll (like chlorella)
4. Drink modest amounts of beer
5. Use a reverse osmosis system or Activated carbon to filter your water
6. If you use a reverse osmosis system, treat the waste water with ozone
7. If you use an activate carbon filter, microwave the carbon before you throw it away
8. Wash your food with ozonated water, foodgrade peroxide, or liqor
9. Grind your meat and marinate it with liqor or ozonated water
10. Distillation does not work. Because Dioxins vaporize with the water.
Ozone generation info
Benefits of xanthohumol