The South Africa the Main Stream Media Won't Tell You About #182 - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The South Africa the Main Stream Media Won't Tell You About #182

This is a discussion on The South Africa the Main Stream Media Won't Tell You About #182 within the Books, Videos, Media, Podcasts forums, part of the General Discussion category; Denton, I think the reason many of us "don't know and don't care" is simply we cannot pour out our hearts and wallets every time ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: The South Africa the Main Stream Media Won't Tell You About #182

  1. #11
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,217
    Denton, I think the reason many of us "don't know and don't care" is simply we cannot pour out our hearts and wallets every time some guy in Asia or South American has a boil on his butt. If his country is in such desperate straights the foreigner can write his dictator or just slip out of the country.

    It's time for the sick, lame and lazy to pull their own weight.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

  2. #12
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,445
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Denton, I think the reason many of us "don't know and don't care" is simply we cannot pour out our hearts and wallets every time some guy in Asia or South American has a boil on his butt. If his country is in such desperate straights the foreigner can write his dictator or just slip out of the country.

    It's time for the sick, lame and lazy to pull their own weight.
    I erased what I just wrote because it was way over the top. I’ll just that you last sentence; the whole post but especially your last sentence, indicates that your incoherence is trumped only by your ignorance.
    I’m insinuation that hard-working farmers who are being slaughtered are sick, lame, or lazy is disgusting.
    How this might apply to this country in my son’s time would be clear we’re you to listen to the info before spouting off about Wisconsin, coffee shops and your own apathy.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  3. #13
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,217
    Well, Denton, if it's any consolation, I changed my verbiage, as well. But here's my take on "us." We both come from differing strata, and clearly we have differing jumps from boy to man. That doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

    I think my dim view of the world is simply that time has passed the boomers into the shadows. There was a time when clothes, radio broadcasts and TV dramas were geared to us. Now advances in removing kidney stones is our bailiwick.

    Then again, do you really want a forum where someone posts and twelve guys chime in with, "Me too, me too."

    I believe "America" is not just a solid, uniform compilation of every man thinking as everyone else. I was watching TV one afternoon and found an old movie about bikers in the 1950s. I had a laugh riot. My dad was in the room and clearly he was troubled by something. I came to understand he expected me to mimic his choices in life instead of finding my own.

    He finally said, "There was a time when if your dad bought a Dodge you did, too!"

    After living through WWII it was clear he felt that all American men must galvanize together for the boomer segment. When he found that nobody was listening to him, I think that sparked his anger.

    As that involves us, I think you and I are the opposite sides of the same coin.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    163
    I run into South African farmers quite a bit. Apartheid is very real over their, most are over here on visas, great workers. The stories are true. The same groups come over every year, sometimes a couple don’t come back due to family being killed or being killed themselves.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slippy likes this.

  6. #15
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,445
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Well, Denton, if it's any consolation, I changed my verbiage, as well. But here's my take on "us." We both come from differing strata, and clearly we have differing jumps from boy to man. That doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

    I think my dim view of the world is simply that time has passed the boomers into the shadows. There was a time when clothes, radio broadcasts and TV dramas were geared to us. Now advances in removing kidney stones is our bailiwick.

    Then again, do you really want a forum where someone posts and twelve guys chime in with, "Me too, me too."

    I believe "America" is not just a solid, uniform compilation of every man thinking as everyone else. I was watching TV one afternoon and found an old movie about bikers in the 1950s. I had a laugh riot. My dad was in the room and clearly he was troubled by something. I came to understand he expected me to mimic his choices in life instead of finding my own.

    He finally said, "There was a time when if your dad bought a Dodge you did, too!"

    After living through WWII it was clear he felt that all American men must galvanize together for the boomer segment. When he found that nobody was listening to him, I think that sparked his anger.

    As that involves us, I think you and I are the opposite sides of the same coin.
    Are you intensionally writing irrelevant crap? Again, none of what you have written has a thing to do with the topic.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  7. #16
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,617
    Listening now. Important topic guys, Kudos! It's another Rwanda starting up over there. Genocide. When the government eggs people on, all bets are off. People turn into devils. Very bad. Prayers for these poor people. I fear it won't get any better and they should flee while they can--if they can. Even if they can't they need to get the heck outta there.
    Rose: Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I’m gonna kick you ’til you’re dead!--Moonstruck

    Hidden Content

  8. #17
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Listening now. Important topic guys, Kudos! It's another Rwanda starting up over there. Genocide. When the government eggs people on, all bets are off. People turn into devils. Very bad. Prayers for these poor people. I fear it won't get any better and they should flee while they can--if they can. Even if they can't they need to get the heck outta there.
    If you were to ask me, I’d suggest there’s a demonic cloud of murderous evil hanging over SA.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  9. #18
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NORTHEAST USA
    Posts
    8,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Are you intensionally writing irrelevant crap? Again, none of what you have written has a thing to do with the topic.
    Your right, what the hell does what he wrote reflect on the situation in SA?

    The ruling gov't is reducing the country into another Rhodesia/Zimbabwe fiasco.

    You can blame the US in part for the downfall of the previous gov't with the trade restrictions and other actions.

  10. #19
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,617
    double post.
    Last edited by Annie; 11-27-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    Rose: Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I’m gonna kick you ’til you’re dead!--Moonstruck

    Hidden Content

  11. #20
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,617
    @Denton

    I think you may be right. It's strange you chose those words because it made me think of Immaculée Ilibagiza, who survived the Rwanda holocaust and how in her book, "Left to Tell", she described some kind of a green (I think?) cloud hanging over the countryside the night before the slaughter began.
    Denton likes this.
    Rose: Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I’m gonna kick you ’til you’re dead!--Moonstruck

    Hidden Content

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top