The Prepper's Place, from the BPH YouTube channel - Page 27
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The Prepper's Place, from the BPH YouTube channel

This is a discussion on The Prepper's Place, from the BPH YouTube channel within the Books, Videos, Media, Podcasts forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack Hard to do any backpacking 'these days' when everything is closed. Two reasons I'm out of breath. 1. The ...

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: The Prepper's Place, from the BPH YouTube channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Hard to do any backpacking 'these days' when everything is closed.

Two reasons I'm out of breath. 1. The microphone is just inches from my face. and 2. Because I push myself too fast. I want to get out, take the raw footage, get it done, then head home to start editing. Making videos isn't as easy as it looks. That 3-minute video took about 3 hours to locate, set up, stage, shoot, and go home. This doesn't include storyboarding, planning, editing and uploading the final production.

To take one scene, I first have to find a suitable location. One that doesn't have a distracting background, in a spot where that's not Grand Central Station, and far away from any noise sources. I need to set up the camera, compose, focus, check white balance etc. I have to stage the scene, literally using my 'props'. I have to wire myself up for audio... clip on the mic, plug it in, snake the wire down my shirt so the recorder is in my pocket. I then hit the record button on both the recorder and camera, perform a synch check (remember clapboards in the old movies?), then walk over to start the scene.

I have to be mindful of my surroundings.... I'm not on a controlled set. Other people might walk or drive by depending on my location. Airplanes and motorcycles in the distance will easily disrupt a simple shoot. Sometimes I fumble my 'lines' and have to start over.... it's frustrating. And once I think I've got a good 'take', I need to go back to the tripod, stop the recording of both audio and video, do a quick check to make sure it's usable and then do the whole thing over again.... for each segment.

I'm responsible for doing everything you see in every video I've done. I'm the studio owner as well as writer, producer, director, actor, sound technician, set designer, best boy, key grip, editor and promoter.

Sometimes, I'll take 15 or 20 different shots, only to find one didn't turn out usable. This renders the entire project garbage unless I want to take the time and return to the same spot and do a reshoot. Or maybe there's a video or even a photo I forgot to take. I need to make sure I create it... somehow.

I probably spent about 1½ hours editing the broom video on the computer, then I could set the software to produce. But in doing so, I really can't use my computer all that much as I'm working with 4k video and that chews up about 95% of my computer's resources. So everything else really slows down. Then I need to literally do it again to convert the edited video into a format that will be much quicker for uploading to YouTube. Yeah, it's not physical work at this point, but it's still burning time. Once it's converted, I have to upload it you YouTube. There's 5 pages of this n that I need to do. Title, description, keywords, monetization, cards, telling YT it doesn't contain swear words, sex scenes, child labor, offensive material....

And all while it's uploading, I'm editing a photo I (hopefully remembered) took to make the thumbnail you see.

Yep... that 3-minute video was pretty much an all-day affair.

AaaannnD THAT's why you don't see any OSFG videos out there on the inner web!!!!!

My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    Hidden Content . Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Hard to do any backpacking 'these days' when everything is closed.

Two reasons I'm out of breath. 1. The microphone is just inches from my face. and 2. Because I push myself too fast. I want to get out, take the raw footage, get it done, then head home to start editing. Making videos isn't as easy as it looks. That 3-minute video took about 3 hours to locate, set up, stage, shoot, and go home. This doesn't include storyboarding, planning, editing and uploading the final production.

To take one scene, I first have to find a suitable location. One that doesn't have a distracting background, in a spot where that's not Grand Central Station, and far away from any noise sources. I need to set up the camera, compose, focus, check white balance etc. I have to stage the scene, literally using my 'props'. I have to wire myself up for audio... clip on the mic, plug it in, snake the wire down my shirt so the recorder is in my pocket. I then hit the record button on both the recorder and camera, perform a synch check (remember clapboards in the old movies?), then walk over to start the scene.

I have to be mindful of my surroundings.... I'm not on a controlled set. Other people might walk or drive by depending on my location. Airplanes and motorcycles in the distance will easily disrupt a simple shoot. Sometimes I fumble my 'lines' and have to start over.... it's frustrating. And once I think I've got a good 'take', I need to go back to the tripod, stop the recording of both audio and video, do a quick check to make sure it's usable and then do the whole thing over again.... for each segment.

I'm responsible for doing everything you see in every video I've done. I'm the studio owner as well as writer, producer, director, actor, sound technician, set designer, best boy, key grip, editor and promoter.

Sometimes, I'll take 15 or 20 different shots, only to find one didn't turn out usable. This renders the entire project garbage unless I want to take the time and return to the same spot and do a reshoot. Or maybe there's a video or even a photo I forgot to take. I need to make sure I create it... somehow.

I probably spent about 1½ hours editing the broom video on the computer, then I could set the software to produce. But in doing so, I really can't use my computer all that much as I'm working with 4k video and that chews up about 95% of my computer's resources. So everything else really slows down. Then I need to literally do it again to convert the edited video into a format that will be much quicker for uploading to YouTube. Yeah, it's not physical work at this point, but it's still burning time. Once it's converted, I have to upload it you YouTube. There's 5 pages of this n that I need to do. Title, description, keywords, monetization, cards, telling YT it doesn't contain swear words, sex scenes, child labor, offensive material....

And all while it's uploading, I'm editing a photo I (hopefully remembered) took to make the thumbnail you see.

Yep... that 3-minute video was pretty much an all-day affair.
    I would be out of breath after all of that as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    I would be out of breath after all of that as well.
    The only really physical part is the shooting of the raw video. The rest is office work.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.

MountainGirl likes this.

You tube also has a bunch of good movies on how to roll cigarettes for fun and profit. Thats how I learned a few things my Grand Dad didnt teach. I could twist up a passabe Bull Durham by age five..so I wasnt probably a little head of the learning curve. Cigarettes rank right up near Voidka and toilet paper on the barter scale according the cute Ruskie Lady named TG. I been charging four bucks a pack. That seems more than fair to me.
    The Prepper's Place, from the BPH YouTube channel-barter-cigs.jpg

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Sponsored Links