Personal Responsibility is Cool! #173
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Personal Responsibility is Cool! #173 within the Books, Videos, Media, Podcasts forums, part of the General Discussion category; The world seems to be in upheaval and there has to be a reason. Could it be we've all lost a sense of personal responsibility? ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Personal Responsibility is Cool! #173

Super Moderator

The world seems to be in upheaval and there has to be a reason. Could it be we've all lost a sense of personal responsibility?

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/d...22_47_24-07_00

First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Aldi's is a German Owned Grocery chain that has been in the US for 40 years. Aldi's also owns the Trader Joe's stores.
    Sasquatch and Denton like this.

Super Moderator

Way to go, good people of New Jersey!
    https://www.dcclothesline.com/2019/0...een-turned-in/
    MountainGirl likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Aldi's is a German Owned Grocery chain that has been in the US for 40 years. Aldi's also owns the Trader Joe's stores.
    Not quite correct. Aldi split into two companies - Aldi Nord and Aldi Sud, after the two brothers who owned and ran Aldi had a disagreement about cigarettes. Aldi Nord has Aldi stores in the US whereas Aldi Sud operates as Trader Joe’s. But they are two separate companies.

Fangfarrier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slippy and Denton like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fangfarrier View Post
    Not quite correct. Aldi split into two companies - Aldi Nord and Aldi Sud, after the two brothers who owned and ran Aldi had a disagreement about cigarettes. Aldi Nord has Aldi stores in the US whereas Aldi Sud operates as Trader Joe’s. But they are two separate companies.

Fangfarrier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Appreciate the correction my good man! We don't shop at Aldi N or Aldi S..but I've bought my fair share of 2 Buck Chuck Wine from Trader Joes in the past!

https://www.businessinsider.com/trad...es-shaw-2019-4
    Denton likes this.

@Denton @Sasquatch

What change would you propose to give the responsible family member the legal ability to contain crazy cousin Eddie? Eddie has the right to not be contained against his will...and yet, the personal responsibility you promote doesn't (generally speaking) have the legal teeth to do what's needed. Thanks!
    Denton and Sasquatch like this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Not even that.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    @Denton @Sasquatch

What change would you propose to give the responsible family member the legal ability to contain crazy cousin Eddie? Eddie has the right to not be contained against his will...and yet, the personal responsibility you promote doesn't (generally speaking) have the legal teeth to do what's needed. Thanks!
    Simple. It’s a cultural change that is needed. Rather than looking to the government to do things, such things should start at the family level.
    Crazy Eddie’s family should have a sit-down with him.
    Sasquatch and MountainGirl like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    @Denton @Sasquatch

To me it's really simple. The family has the responsibility to keep Eddie contained. Maybe not physically but they can make sure Eddie can't get his hands on a gun. If Eddie gets his hands on a gun and starts pointing it at people or shooting them then a polite society has the responsibility to put Eddie down. It takes a village...an armed one.
    MountainGirl and Denton like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

We kept our crazy Eddie up in the attic.
    MountainGirl and Denton like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    To me it's really simple. The family has the responsibility to keep Eddie contained. Maybe not physically but they can make sure Eddie can't get his hands on a gun. If Eddie gets his hands on a gun and starts pointing it at people or shooting them then a polite society has the responsibility to put Eddie down. It takes a village...an armed one.
    Ah see, there's the rub.
    In the armed polite society - that would work. But this aint that.
    My version of a 'red flag law' - would enable only 'responsible family' to legally quickly do what is needed. Not neighbors, school officials, a pissed-off ex, etc.
    From personal experience - 'containing' someone (in this case it was a family member) is a complicated process through the courts - which it should be - to protect individual's rights. No easy answers here, and I hope y'all never have to go through it... especially when a 'sit-down' isn't nearly enough. It's a start - but if you have to do more... good luck.
    Denton likes this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Not even that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links