More Than One Way To Skin A Cat #160 - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

More Than One Way To Skin A Cat #160

This is a discussion on More Than One Way To Skin A Cat #160 within the Books, Videos, Media, Podcasts forums, part of the General Discussion category; If it makes you feel better about me, I'm a firm believer in tetanus shots....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: More Than One Way To Skin A Cat #160

Super Moderator

If it makes you feel better about me, I'm a firm believer in tetanus shots.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Chill? Did you listen to the podcast before responding? If not, you played it perfectly.

As far as the HPV vaccine goes, I'm glad your children are good. Still, a doctor in the field of vaccine research warned me against that vaccine long before warnings of conclusions and death were touted. Her warning was about infertility.
    Don't listen to me or what she told me years ago. Focus on what you think you know and disregard the fact that abortion kills millions of innocent children each year.

I played along what I thought was your wit. Guess I was wrong.
    Dear Denton.

Yes, I did listen to the podcast.

“Still, a doctor in the field of vaccine research warned me against that vaccine long before warnings of conclusions and death were touted. Her warning was about infertility. “

Also I’ve heard that 5 out of 6 Russian Roulette players think playing Russian Roulette is safe too.

Infertility is decreasing. It’s a population feedback mechanism. Blaming it on vaccines doesn’t seem logical.

The purpose of my post was to point out to you that, as a mere listener to your podcast, your arguments are sounding more and more like the liberals you oppose.

You heard something that resonates with you (HPV vaccines are dangerous) and now you are rejecting any view that opposes it. Have you heard of confirmation bias? Might there be an alternative view? How would you explore that view? What level of proof do you need to reject that view?

Oh lease go back to your reasonable and reasoned ways. You are an intelligent and articulate man. God gifted you with those talents, don’t waste them.

Yours

Fangfarrier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it makes you feel better about me, I'm a firm believer in tetanus shots.
    My feelings and views about you never diminished.

Fangfarrier

Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Hi Denton and Sasquatch Show,

Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked in some countries. This means that your video is still up on YouTube, but people in some countries may not be able to watch it.

Video title: More Than One Way To Skin A Cat -160
    Copyrighted content: What's New Pussycat?
    Claimed by: SME
    A Watchman likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fangfarrier View Post
    Dear Denton.

Yes, I did listen to the podcast.

“Still, a doctor in the field of vaccine research warned me against that vaccine long before warnings of conclusions and death were touted. Her warning was about infertility. “

Also I’ve heard that 5 out of 6 Russian Roulette players think playing Russian Roulette is safe too.

Infertility is decreasing. It’s a population feedback mechanism. Blaming it on vaccines doesn’t seem logical.

The purpose of my post was to point out to you that, as a mere listener to your podcast, your arguments are sounding more and more like the liberals you oppose.

You heard something that resonates with you (HPV vaccines are dangerous) and now you are rejecting any view that opposes it. Have you heard of confirmation bias? Might there be an alternative view? How would you explore that view? What level of proof do you need to reject that view?

Oh lease go back to your reasonable and reasoned ways. You are an intelligent and articulate man. God gifted you with those talents, don’t waste them.

Yours

Fangfarrier

There is nothing "liberal" about what I say. Why would you think that?
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

There is nothing "liberal" about what I say. Why would you think that?
    I didn’t say you were a liberal or that your views were liberal. I said the way you came to your views was becoming more like how the liberals come to their views. That was my warning.

Fangfarrier

Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fangfarrier View Post
    I didn’t say you were a liberal or that your views were liberal. I said the way you came to your views was becoming more like how the liberals come to their views. That was my warning.

Fangfarrier

Why? Because an expert in the field (who is a staunch conservative and Christian) warned me about vaccines, years ago? I don't understand.
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

Why? Because an expert in the field (who is a staunch conservative and Christian) warned me about vaccines, years ago? I don't understand.
    Because that level of evidence is the lowest form of information

See here:

https://www.cebm.net/2009/06/oxford-...ce-march-2009/

There is no lower level of credibility than an expert opinion.

Fangfarrier

More Than One Way To Skin A Cat #160

Your friend is referring to this ONE study:

A lowered probability of pregnancy in females in the USA aged 25-29 who received a human papillomavirus vaccine injection.
    DeLong G. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2018.

Abstract
    Birth rates in the United States have recently fallen. Birth rates per 1000 females aged 25-29 fell from 118 in 2007 to 105 in 2015.

One factor *may* involve the vaccination against the human papillomavirus (HPV).

Shortly after the vaccine was licensed, several reports of recipients experiencing primary ovarian failure emerged. This study analyzed information gathered in National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, which represented 8 million 25-to-29-year-old women residing in the United States between 2007 and 2014. Approximately 60% of women who did not receive the HPV vaccine had been pregnant at least once, whereas only 35% of women who were exposed to the vaccine had conceived. For married women, 75% who did not receive the shot were found to conceive, while only 50% who received the vaccine had ever been pregnant.

*Using logistic regression to analyze the data, the probability of having been pregnant was estimated*

for females who received an HPV vaccine compared with females who did not receive the shot. Results suggest that females who received the HPV shot were less likely to have ever been pregnant than women in the same age group who did not receive the shot. If 100% of females in this study had received the HPV vaccine, data suggest the number of women having ever conceived would have fallen by 2 million.

*Further study into the influence of HPV vaccine on fertility is thus warranted.*

Highlighting is my addition (*)

Edit: forgot to mention Gale DeLong is a known antivaxxer publishing poor research. Read a view of her work here: https://respectfulinsolence.com/2018...-gayle-delong/

Last edited by fangfarrier; 05-23-2019 at 04:46 AM.
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

How do people get so drunk they fall down? My head would be in the toilet before that could even happen. Fun, fun, fun? Ugh,
    I can't even go there.

Anne Hathaway went to my high school, or so my sister tells me. I don't think I've ever seen any of her movies. I don't go to the movies that often.

Has anyone have a link to the RV chase? I hope someone caught that, because I'd like to see it.

@Denton , your culinary desk report? I was looking forward to that. I'm so disappointed.
    Denton likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links