Chernobyl on HBO
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Chernobyl on HBO

This is a discussion on Chernobyl on HBO within the Books, Videos, Media, Podcasts forums, part of the General Discussion category; I am watching this series.. It is quite telling and very graphic. It tells much of the story that the public is unaware of, still ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Steve40th
  • 2 Post By Annie
  • 1 Post By A Watchman
  • 1 Post By Steve40th
  • 1 Post By A Watchman
  • 1 Post By Steve40th
  • 1 Post By Prepared One

Thread: Chernobyl on HBO

Chernobyl on HBO

I am watching this series.. It is quite telling and very graphic. It tells much of the story that the public is unaware of, still to this day.
    They just finished doming the plant up in 2017.. Think about that.. To say it was a incident is not enough.'
    It was gross negligence on the part of the plant supervisor. He was an arrogant SOB, and played well by the actor in the show.
    It has 3 more episodes. I highly recommend it if you are able to watch it.
    Michael_Js and c.tiberius like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    I am watching this series.. It is quite telling and very graphic. It tells much of the story that the public is unaware of, still to this day.
    They just finished doming the plant up in 2017.. Think about that.. To say it was a incident is not enough.'
    It was gross negligence on the part of the plant supervisor. He was an arrogant SOB, and played well by the actor in the show.
    It has 3 more episodes. I highly recommend it if you are able to watch it.
    I'll try to catch it. I rarely (if ever) watch cable, but we do have it.

It's strange how things work, because coincidentally I've been listening to Matthew Stein. He says North America's gonna have like 30 Chernobyl's all at once if we run out of luck. He says we'll be toast. Nuclear power plants will fry in the event of a terrorist attack.

He wrote this book called "When Disaster Strikes." He says that if an EMP goes off in space, gamma rays will go out into the atmosphere causing an electromagnetic pulse. Then you get three different effects from that: E1, E2, E3. E1 happens in nanoseconds and everything networked together with wires will fry. E2 effect happens within a fraction of a second. E2 will bring down the surge protectors protecting our computers and tvs, stuff like that. E3 effect lasts 30-40 seconds to 10-20 mins. Extra high voltage tower lines will go down. The EMP induces a huge scrambled wave. The power lines are overfed, causing them to overheat. ZAP! BAM! Fried. Serous long term situation.

They cost 10's of millions of dollars each; these power lines. They're 100's of tons each and custom built.
    Last edited by Annie; 05-17-2019 at 07:37 PM.
    Steve40th and Prepared One like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I'll try to catch it. I rarely (if ever) watch cable, but we do have it.

It's strange how things work, because coincidentally I've been listening to Matthew Stein. He says North America's gonna have like 30 Chernobyl's all at once if we run out of luck. He says we'll be toast. Nuclear power plants will fry in the event of a terrorist attack.

He wrote this book called "When Disaster Strikes." He says that if an EMP goes off in space, gamma rays will go out into the atmosphere causing an electromagnetic pulse. Then you get three different effects from that: E1, E2, E3. E1 happens in nanoseconds and everything networked together with wires will fry. E2 effect happens within a fraction of a second. E2 will bring down the surge protectors protecting our computers and tvs, stuff like that. E3 effect lasts 30-40 seconds to 10-20 mins. Extra high voltage tower lines will go down. The EMP induces a huge scrambled wave. The power lines are overfed, causing them to overheat. ZAP! BAM! Fried. Serous long term situation.

They cost 10's of millions of dollars each; these power lines. They're 100's of tons each and custom built.
    An EMP, or more likely, a computer hack, will turn the lights out. Grid down by any means is number one on my list. Not if, when.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

After watching the show, potassium iodide pills come to mind to buy...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    After watching the show, potassium iodide pills come to mind to buy...
    I have them. You can by on Amazon. IOSAT Potassium Iodide 14 Tablets.

Am I the only guy with a couple dependable gas masks and hazard suits?
    Prepared One likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post

I just bought them from the distributor, nukepills. A little cheaper when you buy in bulk, and you can choose free shipping.. I bought a family pack, because, if something were to happen, everyones coming here.
    We have a few nuclear plants around here in SC> Not known to many..Savannah Site with 5 reactors... in 300 square miles...
    A Watchman likes this.

Here is where I shopped. Approved Gas Masks | Gas Masks and Filters, Chemical Suits and More
    Steve40th likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Now that is prepping...
    A Watchman likes this.

Thank you my friend to the north, but still well within Texas. I have the IOSAT Potassium Iodide tablets but I have been putting off on gas masks and suits and was going to ask you where you went for them.
    Annie likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Sponsored Links