Black Summer on Netflicks
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Black Summer on Netflicks within the Books, Videos, Media, Podcasts forums, part of the General Discussion category; It's the prequel series to Z Nation. I was never a fan of Z nation but thought I'd give this a try. it's starts out ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By stevekozak
  • 1 Post By Prepared One
  • 1 Post By stevekozak

Thread: Black Summer on Netflicks

It's the prequel series to Z Nation. I was never a fan of Z nation but thought I'd give this a try. it's starts out with sirens blaring in the panicked early days in a suburban neighborhood where the S has definitely hit the fan. And while it wasn't bad they followed the trend of making all the main characters women or minorities. All the white men are either portrayed as bad or weak.

So far it's better to me than Z Nation but I don't know if I'll continue to watch because of the previously stated SJW casting that I'm getting sick up to here with. But if that doesn't bother you I can recommend at least the first episode if you're in need of something to watch.

I watched it. If I had it to do over again, I would not have started it. It is pretty stupid. 8 episodes and nothing ever really happens. You don't know what has happened to cause the situation. You don't know anything about the zombies other than they are fast. You don't know anything about the charecters, other than they keep doing stupid stuff over and over again. None of the people ever seem to get the fact that headshots count. Much like a lot of TWD they hammer thousands of bullets into the bodies of these zombies and it never slows them down. Somehow every single person instantly knows how to use a gun accurately, regardless of type and kind (lots of automatic weapons again....). Long long sequences of people just creeping around being stupid. There aren't even any hotties to make up for the banality of the rest of it. Well, that is my 1 star review of the show.
    Prepared One likes this.

Oh no! I HATE fast zombies! Zombies are a nightmare but the fast ones are my worst nightmare!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    I watched it. If I had it to do over again, I would not have started it. It is pretty stupid. 8 episodes and nothing ever really happens. You don't know what has happened to cause the situation. You don't know anything about the zombies other than they are fast. You don't know anything about the charecters, other than they keep doing stupid stuff over and over again. None of the people ever seem to get the fact that headshots count. Much like a lot of TWD they hammer thousands of bullets into the bodies of these zombies and it never slows them down. Somehow every single person instantly knows how to use a gun accurately, regardless of type and kind (lots of automatic weapons again....). Long long sequences of people just creeping around being stupid. There aren't even any hotties to make up for the banality of the rest of it. Well, that is my 1 star review of the show.
    Are you reviewing the show or Washington?
    A Watchman likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Are you reviewing the show or Washington?
    Actually, you are right!! That show is a great allegory for our government!!
    Prepared One likes this.

I'm not a zombie movie fan, but there wasn't much on so I watched it, it wasn't bad, but growing up with slow zombies lumbering thru town on rotting legs, I still have issues with these sprinter zombies.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Sponsored Links