Noob generator question please advise - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Noob generator question please advise

This is a discussion on Noob generator question please advise within the Alternative Energy (Wind, Solar, Hydro etc) forums, part of the Off-Grid Lifestyle category; As has already been said, it's doubtful that a 1250 watt generator could handle the start up load of an average refrigerator. That being said, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Noob generator question please advise

As has already been said, it's doubtful that a 1250 watt generator could handle the start up load of an average refrigerator. That being said, I know you can get some sort of "soft start" device for RV AC units so that you can run it with either a smaller solar setup or a smaller generator. You could check into that to see if it's something you could possible use with your refrigerator.

Oh I will look into that as well so do any of you recommend the yeti line ? Or are there other solar generators that work just as well they want 1900 bucks for the 1400 model and 3000 dollars for the 3000 model

My opinion is the yeti 1250 wont handle the fridge for what you need it to do, but now that you have some data posted - others may be able to advise differently.
    Best of luck, stay safe!
    MG
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
    ...l so do any of you recommend the yeti line ?
    I dont recommend any Yeti product since their anti-gun virtue signaling in 2018.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...tement-on-yeti
    0rocky likes this.

Interesting!! So what do you recommend I do mountain girl can you steer me in the right direction are there other solar powered generators out there

Interesting!! So what do you recommend I do mountain girl can you steer me in the right direction are there other solar powered generators out there
    I have no recommendations for your application; others here may.

Maybe spring for a dorm-size fridge to use in a grid-down scenario. Better yet, a 12v cooler like a Koolatron, Dometic, Engel or Costway. This way you avoid the losses incurred when converting 12vdc to 120vac.

Or simply don't rely on having a fridge when the lights go out.
    0rocky likes this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    Hidden Content . Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Even if the Yeti could handle the start surge, the battery in the unit is way too small. You would get very little run time on the battery. Short answer, no. The yeti will not keep your fridge in operation.
    Smitty901, Slippy and MountainGirl like this.

Solar power generator is not going to cut it. Maybe run some lights for you charge your phones, run Tv radio and not even all of those at once. Won't do much of anything with out plenty of sun.
    Slippy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

@Wizard

86 your obsession with a "solar generator". Unless you are going to go all out with a true Off Grid Solar Power System, the Goal Zero Yeti is nothing but a conversation piece for granola crunching upper middle class weekend campers who drive Subaru's and shop at REI.

For $450 you can buy a very nice gas/propane dual fuel generator w/4500 watts. I suggest the dual fuel and use exclusively propane unless you are able to find 100% Gas with No Ethanol. Being in CA, I doubt that will be the case.

If you're worried about noise, be prepared to drop about $1000 for a quieter Inverter Generator. Good luck.

https://www.chainsawjournal.com/best...ble-generator/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links