DIY electric components
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DIY electric components

This is a discussion on DIY electric components within the Alternative Energy (Wind, Solar, Hydro etc) forums, part of the Off-Grid Lifestyle category; Radio shack is gone. I can do electric things myself. Where to buy components? Online sucks if they take information. I want things that are ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By KUSA
  • 1 Post By Back Pack Hack
  • 1 Post By Mad Trapper
  • 1 Post By KUSA
  • 3 Post By rebeltaz
  • 1 Post By rebeltaz

Thread: DIY electric components

DIY electric components

Radio shack is gone.

I can do electric things myself.

Where to buy components? Online sucks if they take information.

I want things that are sometimes obsucre. I can fix an old chainsaw coil with a diode.I can make battery chargers, with a solar panel adding a diode. I have wiring to make aaa-9V solar charger that will charge most batteries....did I post that?

Where to get parts now?

I hate Chinesium parts but if that is all there is....

Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

I am thinking of building a CNC router in the next few months. I am planning on buying the components from these folks:

https://buildyourcnc.com/

Their prices seem to be about the best, certainly better than Amazon. But, like you say, buying them online is a pain in the neck.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Use your components to make a time machine. Use time machine to go back when Radio Shack existed and buy all you want, at a big discount. Stuff was cheap back then.
    Mad Trapper and Michael_Js like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    Use your components to make a time machine. Use time machine to go back when Radio Shack existed and buy all you want, at a big discount. Stuff was cheap back then.
    But you'll need a flux capacitor today. And they ain't cheap.
    KUSA likes this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    I want some drugs you are on tonite. Not for me, but there is a guy down the street...........
    KUSA likes this.

Back on track.

I have a 9N ford with a cutout for the generator. That is it shuts bat off when key is off to bat/genny.

All the new ones are Chi-Com cheap. They last a year at most. I've been using a wire from gen to bat, only after started. So it charges, have to dicconet before shutting off , or discharge.

You can make a cutout, using a bridged rectiferer that radio shack used to sell

Just get 4 diodes and make the bridge rectifier.
    Inor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I am thinking of building a CNC router in the next few months. I am planning on buying the components from these folks:

https://buildyourcnc.com/

Their prices seem to be about the best, certainly better than Amazon. But, like you say, buying them online is a pain in the neck.
    I built that! - RobotsAndComputers - My CNC Build - I sourced the parts I didn't already have from various sources. I think it cost me about $500 total. Then I couldn't think of a thing to do with it, so I sold it
    Denton, Inor and RedLion like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    Radio shack is gone.

I can do electric things myself.

Where to buy components? Online sucks if they take information.

I want things that are sometimes obsucre. I can fix an old chainsaw coil with a diode.I can make battery chargers, with a solar panel adding a diode. I have wiring to make aaa-9V solar charger that will charge most batteries....did I post that?

Where to get parts now?

I hate Chinesium parts but if that is all there is....
    I don't know why you are concerned with online companies knowing you're buying electronics components, but I use DigiKey, All Electronics, Electronic Goldmine and BGMicro. All but Digikey are surplus sales and you can get really good deals from them guys. unless you happen to have a distributor in your area, online is going to be your only source. The last "local" distributor around here was over 50 miles away and quit selling components several years ago.
    Denton likes this.

Sponsored Links