Using Inverter Power for Emergencies - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Using Inverter Power for Emergencies

This is a discussion on Using Inverter Power for Emergencies within the Alternative Energy (Wind, Solar, Hydro etc) forums, part of the Off-Grid Lifestyle category; While I'm not a licensed electrician I wired my subpanel similar to the way Dwight did and had an electrician sign inspect and sign off ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Using Inverter Power for Emergencies

While I'm not a licensed electrician I wired my subpanel similar to the way Dwight did and had an electrician sign inspect and sign off on the work before commissioning the system for insurance purposes. The electrician saw nothing wrong with how I ran the wiring and we did discuss the bonding as it was important to avoid GFI tripping. ( the inverter has a built in GFI built in )

I do have the inverter with a separate breaker/switch box between the main panel and subpanel because my inverter makes all of my power 95% of the time.

The Good Cop

When Irma hit Florida, I was in Kansas City and wife was home alone with the animals.
    With the power out, she was unable to use the generator, so she parked her truck by the kitchen window, plugged an inverter into the cigarette lighter, ran an extension cord inside and was able to run the wi-fi modem, a light and a fan.
    She was set until I was able to get home and get the generator out and powered up.

I need an electrician to set up my outside service panel with a 220 volt outlet I can plug the generator into and one of those switches that keeps my power from going back up the line, frying a lineman who is attempting to restore power. I was quoted a figure of $700 to do this.

It is very important to get 220 into the system, because that's what powers the well pump. No pump, no water.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links