Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Will gangs really rule when shtf?

This is a discussion on Will gangs really rule when shtf? within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I mean really, gangs have large numbers and weapons. But there are more people that would want to restore order when the shtf that would ...

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Will gangs really rule when shtf?

Will gangs really rule when shtf?

I mean really, gangs have large numbers and weapons. But there are more people that would want to restore order when the shtf that would outnumber the gangs.

Re: Will gangs really rule when shtf?

I hope there are more people that will want to restore order. I am afraid that most people in urban areas will be bugging out, and leave the unprepared to the gangs mercy, and that the gangs will take over cities.
    usav8er likes this.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Super Moderator

The gangs, be they small and large will definitely be there. I am thinking from poor areas first and better armed, better off areas next. Given a few days though chaos will slowly set in until daily life is a shoot or loot situation unless you have your systems in place and operating. That's what I think.
    Always remember- there's a wealth around you

Super Moderator

To think there won't be gangs is foolish, there is Law and Order right now and people are always looking for the easy score. what makes people think that there won't be bands of people who don't want to work and want to take what they can? Absolutely there will be gangs in SHTF.
    usav8er and Alaska like this.
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

Quote Originally Posted by acidlittle
    To think there won't be gangs is foolish, there is Law and Order right now and people are always looking for the easy score. what makes people think that there won't be bands of people who don't want to work and want to take what they can? Absolutely there will be gangs in SHTF.
    There is no doubt that there will be gangs and marauders, rape, pillage and plunder. However, I don't think it will last long. In a SHTF or WROL situation, the good folks like us, won't have to put up with the gangs and a non-functioning criminal justice system like we do now. We will simply be able to take care of the situation in an expeditious, permanent manner. And their friends too.
    ws76133, usmamg, jimb1972 and 6 others like this.
    Hear No Evil, See No Evil and Fuck You

I sure hope there will be a Wyatt Earp reincarnate around!
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Gangs will kill each other during the break up. The live in cities and are in conflict with each other. As soon as the law is gone they will attack each other in the open. It will cut down their numbers.

There are many common men who are just as tuff or tuffer than the average gang member, they dont kill the gang member because it is illegal. The police dont kill them because it is illegal. When the rules are gone my beliefs and determination of the value of a person will determine who I shoot. Know gang member, bang. They are not nice people and will be worse after, they use fear and intimidation backed by violence to get their way. Just shoot them.
    Fuzzee and Gallo Pazzesco like this.

There is no doubt that there will be gangs and marauders, rape, pillage and plunder. However, I don't think it will last long. In a SHTF or WROL situation, the good folks like us, won't have to put up with the gangs and a non-functioning criminal justice system like we do now. We will simply be able to take care of the situation in an expeditious, permanent manner. And their friends too.[/quote]

I second that 100% I know am totally aware of all these problems or sick dangerous people who get a rush out of hurting people and I'm totally prepared to deal with them and encourage other to do what they must to protect thereselves. However I also believe there are many Americans with guns as well as gang members they will cross each other out when they meet in hostile situations because people will defend their families and several families may group together to deal with this kind of thing. Also these gang members don't clean and maintain firearms, they don't stock pile ammo, they steal guns, shoot them till there emtpy and drop them and run. I think the police may be the most dangerous gang of all with weapons, ammo, tactics, communication, a base, comradery, and families of their own they have to feed to keep alive

Close to us, we have two known gangs... Im hoping.. (and its possible) that when SHTF, they get into a pissing contest and off each other before they go looting houses. Never know... when it does happen, Im sure one will want to "rule" certain areas for their own looting pleasure...if they fight each other, it would be better for everyone.. so heres hoping.

Otherwise, I hope it takes them a few days to make their way over to our town...

Quote Originally Posted by thomasdangerpowers
    There is no doubt that there will be gangs and marauders, rape, pillage and plunder. However, I don't think it will last long. In a SHTF or WROL situation, the good folks like us, won't have to put up with the gangs and a non-functioning criminal justice system like we do now. We will simply be able to take care of the situation in an expeditious, permanent manner. And their friends too.
    I second that 100% I know am totally aware of all these problems or sick dangerous people who get a rush out of hurting people and I'm totally prepared to deal with them and encourage other to do what they must to protect thereselves. However I also believe there are many Americans with guns as well as gang members they will cross each other out when they meet in hostile situations because people will defend their families and several families may group together to deal with this kind of thing. Also these gang members don't clean and maintain firearms, they don't stock pile ammo, they steal guns, shoot them till there emtpy and drop them and run. I think the police may be the most dangerous gang of all with weapons, ammo, tactics, communication, a base, comradery, and families of their own they have to feed to keep alive[/quote]

I like the cops being dangerous idea, cause it will happen. But for the most part they will group up take what they need short term and find a place to stay. A number of the guys I work with who know I prep say they are coming to my house. I will let them into my area and use what they know. We have enough vacant homes and building to house them. But you must remember that the number of police will decline rapidly at the outset as they are killed off before the feds become involved.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads