Call me with your Nuclear Holocaust is Near joke or story - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Call me with your Nuclear Holocaust is Near joke or story

This is a discussion on Call me with your Nuclear Holocaust is Near joke or story within the UFO's, Zombies, 2012, Aliens, Mayan, End of the World, Apocalypse forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by NKAWTG It was a late Friday night, November 9, 1979 to be exact. I was manning a SAC Command Post at March ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Call me with your Nuclear Holocaust is Near joke or story

Quote Originally Posted by NKAWTG View Post
    It was a late Friday night, November 9, 1979 to be exact. I was manning a SAC Command Post at March AFB in California when we received an actual Emergency Action Message and alerted our alert force.
    A call was also made to the Wing Commander who at that time was participating in a formal Dining In.
    Crews scrambled to their bombers and tanker and were waiting for the next message with engines running.
    The Wing Commander walked into the command post to assess the situation, dressed to the nines.
    The warble tone sounded again and in the background the commander said "Well I'm Dressed For It".
    Fortunately that next message ended the alert and crews shut down their airplanes.

This was the famous November 1979 NORAD computer glitch.
    That same time period, possibly that event, I was the Deputy Missile Combat Crew Commander at Golf launch control center, outside Minot AFB when I received the actual Emergency Action Message. Any actual message, and not a test one, was somewhat rare. This actual message was special. I woke up my commander & the two of us opened the safe, broke the seals & inserted keys & awaited the next message. Let me tell you, seals are not broken & keys inserted at an operational launch control center. It was a lot for a young 2nd Lt. to take in, even though I had done this numerous times in the trainer. The next message was either going to end the world, or back us down. Obviously, it backed us down. I wasn't thinking of any jokes at that time.
    Denton, rstanek, John Galt and 2 others like this.

Kim Jong-un? Is that you again
    Be a Berean

There is a a manual to deal with life after a nuclear war that I find credible, I would read up on that.

It is called, Gone with the Blastwave, GWTB

Gone with the Blastwave - Because war can be boring too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Hey! Apologies for the n00b faux pas. Just thought people would think it was a cool project and if they had a funny joke they'd want to add it.

I think of being prepared in the way the scouts think of Being Prepared. Being prepared for anything, good or bad. And so i got to thinking about what I would actually do if there wasn't anything else TO do. I just might tell a joke or sing a song or something to make people feel a little better about things.

This is a little in-progress pic of the box I'm making. I'm going to install it in the place I'd most like to be if the end actually arrives. And if people come upon it while hiking or something then maybe they might do a little thinking about how they'd like to spend their last few minutes.

So I'm using a voicemail system to collect people's jokes or funny stories they might tell.

You can add yours at (323) 421-3633

Call me with your Nuclear Holocaust is Near joke or story-boom.jpg
    Last edited by trapdoor; 04-19-2017 at 04:14 PM.
    Guywithagun likes this.

ya! that's kinda what got me to thinking about what else I would do. Between swigs...
    SGG likes this.

Not a joke . But I do remember school drill. Most of witch were useless . I can not count how many times in my life the alert was sounded not a nuke one but grab your chit and move. Some times called back some times not.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by trapdoor View Post
    Hey! Apologies for the n00b faux pas. Just thought people would think it was a cool project and if they had a funny joke they'd want to add it.

I think of being prepared in the way the scouts think of Being Prepared. Being prepared for anything, good or bad. And so i got to thinking about what I would actually do if there wasn't anything else TO do. I just might tell a joke or sing a song or something to make people feel a little better about things.

This is a little in-progress pic of the box I'm making. I'm going to install it in the place I'd most like to be if the end actually arrives. And if people come upon it while hiking or something then maybe they might do a little thinking about how they'd like to spend their last few minutes.

So I'm using a voicemail system to collect people's jokes or funny stories they might tell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boom.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	43761
    And with this, he's ....... outta here!
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by trapdoor View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boom.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	43761
    Nothing funny about 600,000 people getting roasted by a nuke and another 1.5 million slowly dying from the rads.

Perhaps you should try Blonde jokes instead.
    Talk is cheap, actions count.

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Nothing funny about 600,000 people getting roasted by a nuke and another 1.5 million slowly dying from the rads.

Perhaps you should try Blonde jokes instead.
    I get your point. But I don't look to humor to cheapen the subject matter being riffed on. I think we often tell jokes in order to relate to others and talk about things that are scary, depressing, maddening, etc.

You might enjoy Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove, a comedy of sorts I quite like about the bomb. I say that as someone who is equally enthusiastic about John Coster-Mullen's critical "Atom Bombs" reference.

And I'm blonde so... this is a blonde joke. So I've got you there.

I've gotten quite a few calls today! So a Big Thank You to those from this forum who have called already! If you're on the fence about calling please do so! I'd love to have your contribution.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links