Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Be honest

4K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  MisterMills357 
#1 ·
For those who think a complete breakdown in society would never happen in America. Ask yourself if all government welfare was suspended how long would it be until the freeloaders become violent? If our banking system (computers) crashed how long until those without cash become violent? If our (fiat) currency had a major drop in value and the working class and poor could no longer afford there basic needs how long before they become violent? Granted not everyone will resort to violence and force to get what they need/want in any of these scenarios but there would be enough that it would collapse our society as we know it.

#23 · (Edited)

My goodness, it was less than 24hrs. Look at them, look at what they were like just a few hours.

Here is another video showing the mentality of the leeches.

If SHTF, these folks will be rioting and killing within 2 days, I can almost guarantee it. They are freaking insane. I know as preppers sometimes we over dramatize and maybe perhaps predict unlikely scenarios, but I seriously think these type of people will go completely nuts within a few days, I mean 100% crazy lunatic mad. Look how they reacted when the EBT had a minor hiccup. Look at how they react when the stores open with the brand new Nike limited edition shoes. Look at how they react when CNN tells them to riot. They are beyond dumb, they are literally zombies. It is scary just typing this. I get chills.

#5 ·
I fear this election will do the job.

People are already violent outside of Trump rallies...can you imagine when 20,000 Trump supporters walk outside of the rally & slaughter the protesters in the street?

There are already skirmishes & beatings & vandalism to cars...people will only tollerate so much of that crap.

#6 ·
I fear this election will do the job.

People are already violent outside of Trump rallies...can you imagine when 20,000 Trump supporters walk outside of the rally & slaughter the protesters in the street?

There are already skirmishes & beatings & vandalism to cars...people will only tollerate so much of that crap.
What most do not realize is a lot of the anti Trump protestors are being paid by leftist organizations. Same goes for a lot of the internet bloggers and trolls in the forums and comment sections. If they were not being paid with money and/or gifts they would not be protesting in the first place. Says a lot about someone's character when you are willing to help destroy America for such a small price. These paid protestors are ripe for the picking from more radical groups including Islamic terrorist organizations. Revolution is becoming the only solution.

#8 ·
Something wicked this way comes.

#11 ·
It is an interesting discussion because it can happen many different ways. A massive power outage. National Geographic did ok with their presentation on a hacked grid that is turned off nationwide. Monetary failure as the OP notes the banking system just goes off line like the EBT did as noted.

Do you guys know that DHS biggest fear day in the day after Thanksgiving? That is the day they fear terrorist attacks the most. Black Friday contributes about 1.5% to the GDP imagine that lost? The decline in GDP in one short weekend could be economically catastrophic.

My guess is the hoards will figure things out by the first nightfall. If the collapse happens at 4 am you probably get until 6 pm. However if it collapses at 4 PM you probably still get till 6 PM because before that most are sleeping.

#12 ·
Welfare and other social checks withheld...3-5 days before local small rioting like you've seen on the news with a few shops here and there being raided. Give it 2-3 weeks before a city has full pandemonium with raiders attacking larger than just s few stores.. Out in the countryside probably a few days more since even the local ladies can shoot which keeps us guys in line

For me the question is how long before the large city raiders start moving 50 miles outside the city.

#13 ·
If the banking system went offline it would be EBT going offline X 1000.

First, EBT doesn't work without the banking/credit system.

But let's face it...NOBODY is going to sit quietly in the basement & watch their children starve!

They WILL get violent! Even if it's your best buddy/neighbor.

There is a thin "veneer" on the human animal called "society"...When that is stripped away, we eat eachother!

#19 ·
A lot of it depends not only on the exact scenario, but the government's attitude going into it. Much of the chaos could be muted by forcing quarantine or curfews. Without power or comms (cell or internet) you would find yourself isolated and alone with only your neighbors to rely on (The fat chick next door could prolly feed me for a few days.)

On one hand most preppers lean toward the Castle mentality; raise the drawbridge, harden in place, prepare for siege.
But most of my research has found that you really wanna be out there building a community. EOW survival will be kinda like life in prison, you either join a gang or become a victim. Since it is better to rule in hell than serve in heaven, ideally you should be leader of the pack. There is safety in numbers, especially if you make yourself the Duke of New York.

#20 ·
It's the "normal" everyday people who will be thrown into chaos and will be surrounded by sheer panic. It will be each and every one of our neighbors, friends, and family looking for ways to survive. This will definitely lead to panic and violence as they try to take care of loved ones and meet those basic needs. Another reason why I began prepping long ago. It's definitely a waiting game... not "if" one of these scenarios will happen, but when. And every day I listen to what is happening in our world, I know that we are getting closer to a collapse of our society.

#24 ·
What woke me up was hurricane Sandy. When the power was out for over two weeks, and gas was hard to come by, we still had food but the supermarket was pretty empty. I realized that if this went on much longer, things could actually get dangerous, people might panic and do desperate and stupid things.

#25 ·
I fear one of those scenarios may happen in our lifetime and I have begun talks with my neighbors about those situations. I want to know who I can trust in my neighborhood and know that if SHTF we would take care of each other.

#26 · (Edited)
I remember when we did not lock our doors in Wayne WV, circa 1968 AD. Now I wonder, if some whack a doodle might crash through my locked door, while he is on crack. (I don't worry too much though, it would be the last stupid thing that he ever did. I am just saying, the contrast is stark and getting worse.)

And, that is without any breakdown, with one, I can count on someone coming at me, either at home or at the grocery store.
It is a scary thing to contemplate, but, I will kill somebody if I need to.
(PS: I am not someone who thinks that a breakdown will never happen. I am someone that thinks, that it is assured and inevitable.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.