Nissan Pathfinder review 2017
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Nissan Pathfinder review 2017 within the Strictly Bug Out Vehicles forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; Well I took the truck in for service and got hold of a 4x4 pathfinder for the weekend let me tell you something This thing ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Leon
  • 2 Post By Boss Dog
  • 1 Post By rstanek
  • 2 Post By Chipper

Thread: Nissan Pathfinder review 2017

Super Moderator

Well I took the truck in for service and got hold of a 4x4 pathfinder for the weekend let me tell you something

This thing sucks.

Looking at it from an engineers standpoint I can't friggin believe that this thing passed the initial concept phase. It is in every way sub par. First off the 4x4 option is just dumb. They do not have off road tires that low profile, no beuno. Second the thing has all of like 4 inches of ground clearance. 6 speed transmission that feels like it's always slipping. a 3.5 liter v6 that feels like a 2.2 4. It's boxy and not in a good way, more like a boring way. Seats and interior are unimpressive and the controls are confusing. third row seating is for amputees and groceries only. The splay of the windshield is a little deep for my liking. Underneath it we're dealing with low lying exhaust danging stupidly low to the ground when ot doesn't need to, maybe four inches of suspension travel and a lot of undercarriage components vulnerable to damage from the front to the back. Underneath the front and back bumper skins there is blocks of styrofoam.

Turning radius? Sorry. My fj cruiser turns sharper than this tub. The kickdown on the transmission is either overrevving or lugging the wrong gear. This CAR (and that's just it, it's not an SUV it's a CAR nissan can kiss my ass on that one) is just entirely ill conceived. It reminds me of a minivan- not a car, not an SUV with the worst characteristics of BOTH.

As a bug out vehicle, this car gets an F-. As just a vehicle period it gets an F.
    bigwheel and homefire like this.
    Always remember- there's a wealth around you

Don't hold back there Leon, tell us what you really think! Lol!
    For the record, I've never ridden in one.
    Michael_Js and homefire like this.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

My wife is in the market for a new vehicle, she thanks you for the review......
    homefire likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Thanks Leon. I have heard that Nissan's SUV line has taken a step backwards but their truck line is still very good.

I'll keep fixing the ole Bronco, all the new crap sucks. Plus I don't have 60 to 70K for a new truck. You have to be fricken kidding me.

Best $2400 I've ever spent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nissan Pathfinder review 2017-dsc01214.jpg  

rstanek and Leon like this.

Sponsored Links