Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

BOV for sale?

This is a discussion on BOV for sale? within the Strictly Bug Out Vehicles forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; Originally Posted by www.BigBugOutTrucks.com Here at Big Bug Out Trucks bobbed deuce military surplus I have been testing a new lightweight armor for vehicles. It ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: BOV for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by www.BigBugOutTrucks.com View Post
    Here at Big Bug Out Trucks bobbed deuce military surplus I have been testing a new lightweight armor for vehicles. It is kevlar impregnated with a non newtonion fluid (silica nano particles). The silica nano particles lock together under blunt trauma and deny penetration. It weighs less than conventional armor plating yet is flexible.

Attachment 2600

A BOV should have enough space to cary an ATV or bicycle for situations like the picture I added.

IF you own a car, truck or minivan you already have a BOV that is non conspicuous however the down side to them is that well you really have no advantage over everyone else stuck on the highway!

In the event you need to avoid traffic blocks or push through them get a vehicle no smaller that a M35a2 and yes put at least 46" tall tires! The taller tires afford you the ability to run over other cars when pushing them out of the way is not possible.
    How expensive is the armor your talking about and what will it stop?

That is a good picture, I bet that every city will look like that when SHTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugoutray View Post
    How expensive is the armor your talking about and what will it stop?

That is a good picture, I bet that every city will look like that when SHTF.

That was a picture of China's 9 day traffic Jam in 2010 it was 100 km long.
    A normal Kevlar vest takes 14 layers of Kevlar to stop a 45acp but once its impregnated with the silica nano particles it only takes 4 layers to stop 45 acp.
    To answer your question I don't have a price point yet but it's stopping power is layer count dependent.

I think its fair to say if you have anything that looks tough enough some f*cker will want it at all cost from ya.

I have 2 BOL's I can reach within 30 minutes, (one in 2 minutes) so transport for me is a waste of resources, although I have a BOV just in case !!

sometimes it easier to focus on the basics than to "what if" in regards to BOV's IMHO.
    I have 2 atb's for inaccessible areas in the back of the transit van for scoot n shoot !! lol !

i'm in the uk so no need for bullet proofing !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads